When Sending A Photo With SASE?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Emming
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

When Sending A Photo With SASE?

Post by Emming »

If i sent a 8x10 or something how would i go about including a SASE?

do i just get a big enough envelope and fold it in half inside the other envelope?

I have never done stuff like this bigger than a sports card.

Any help would be great!

How much postage for something like this.. if its within the US, and i have a cardboard in it too.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: When Sending A Photo With SASE?

Post by capmonte »

I use 8x10 or 9x12 envelopes (depending on what's available at the store. I just fold one and stick it in the other. Some folks buy both types of envelopes, and put the 8x10 inside the 9x12. Three stamps always works for me (using the 9x12, it comes to $1.05).
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
packrat

Post by packrat »

The post office has a kiosk in the lobby where you can weigh your package and let you know how much the postage will cost. I really suggest you use that until you get the hang of it. It might be a bit out of your way but sometimes doing your own research/work can pay off dividends. It can take the guesswork out of it and save you a few bucks in the long term. I use the exact postage required to send and add a little extra postage to the SASE in case the celebrity sends a little something extra.

I use photo mailers for an SASE to provide better protection against creasing. It also prevents the mailman from folding the envelope to fit my mail box (a common complaint on this board) -- he places it inside my screen door instead. I use the 9x12 envelopes to send in. To fit the photo mailer into the outer envelope all I have to do is fold the flap down.
Yerpik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Yerpik »

With postage, printing the 8 x10 and the mailers, how much does sending each mailing out?
- Josh (Letters from Legends)
http://www.lettersfromlegends.com

If anyone needs help with TTM that is something Letters from Legends can help you with.
Check out our site and join our small community.
We can help you with questions, web pages, anything regarding TTM and collecting.