am i writting doing something incorrectly....

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
spannna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

am i writting doing something incorrectly....

Post by spannna »

just a bit worried that im doing something incorrectly when writting my letters.
Lately i have been getting alot of PP or secretarials,even via venue.theres nothing wrong with either pp's or secretarials or anything like that its just that id love to occasionally get an authentic,like so many other ppl here do.
I usually start off

Dear such and such......
blah blah blah blah....huge fan ive seen you in ......but i really admired your acting abilities in....

your humanity work sets u apart
you are such a role model la la la

I know you must be incredibly busy and it would really mean alot to me if you would grant me a signed photo of yourself/cast.......

always a fan.....

sign name here.

I only ever write to ppl that intrest me and often obscure figers in the public eye, so my letters are genuine and often have obscure refferences in them.
I always include sae and irc...

any outside hints i should know about to get more authentics?
Latest success: Susan Sarandon vv
Latest RTS: Christopher lloyd
In Person: michael dorman, abbie cornish, joel edgerton, sam worthington, sigrid thornton (pics to come when photobucket comes back online)
Volante

Post by Volante »

Now I get worried too. I've sent away 11 letters and I write pretty much the same things you do. That I like the person very much and I'm a fan of her/him, would mean very much to me if I can have his/her autograph.

But I don't want to think that it is the text you write that is the problem. Maybe you just have bad luck.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi spannna :)

Seems you've been a bit unlucky in receiving PP's and Secretarials. Your letter seems fine (especially since you've added references to the specific person).

You've probably just been unlucky enough to write to people who actually send out PP's or secretarials (since you've asked for a photo.) Sometimes celebrities only sign TTM when you actually send something for them to sign (and send PP's to everyone else.)

You'll have much more luck in the future. Don't be discouraged :D. As long as you keep trying you'll get many authentic successes.

nowandagain [rockon]
spannna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spannna »

that makes me feel a little better knowing that its not just me :D thanks for the feedback guys.you all champs {up}

I have been writting to people that i admire.....mario lopez,Judd nelson,paul gleeson,latinania osukio,marie osmond(now im showing my age)julie andrews,bonnie hunt.
i guess its just a little dissapointing that ive admired these ppl all my life and finally have the tools and the courage to finally write to them and i get an autopen or a pp.

hopefully soon ill have some luck :D
Latest success: Susan Sarandon vv
Latest RTS: Christopher lloyd
In Person: michael dorman, abbie cornish, joel edgerton, sam worthington, sigrid thornton (pics to come when photobucket comes back online)
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

It just takes a bit of patience and luck. You'll always get another opportunity in the future. Best of luck :)

nowandagain [rockon]
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hey spanna {up}

nowandagain made a really good point. Although I personally do not tend to send photographs very regularly (the kind of celebs I write to have their own).

However, if the celebs you are writing to are a bit more obscure, the problem might actually be that they don't have anything to sign. :?

My advice would be to keep doing what you're doing, but try sending a photo / poster, or even an index card with your letter.

Good luck, and by the way we all have "dry" spells, but it is those which make you appreciate the successful times all the more :lol:

Best of luck :P

Ian :mrgreen:

Post by Guest »

I never say that I'm a fan of the person that I'm writing to because it's pretty obvious (otherwise I wouldn't be writing to them) :P

All I can say is BE SPECIFIC!!!

Here's an example: Suppose I liked Mr. Sample's work in "Sample Movie". Tell Mr. Sample WHY you like his work in "Sample Movie". Don't just say, "Hey I liked your work in 'Sample Movie'". Say something like, "I really liked your work in 'Sample Movie' because you had such unique facial expressions for your character. The best scene is when...."

You get the idea?? Be specific!! Write something so the person will know that you not only watched the movie, but payed extremely close attention to the details. Best of luck!! :D

Also, write to actors/singers that are not A-listers.... you'll stand a better chance of getting personalized autographs & perhaps even a letter.

I wrote to an up-and-coming Scottish actor about a month ago & he sent me a handwritten letter!!
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

yeah I'd think it's just bad luck,there's nothing wrong with your letters. Different people maybe will do beter.

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]