What do you think of Wikileak incident?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What do you think of Wikileak incident?

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

too much debate!
Last edited by jtalmodovar26 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for: Donald Trump ; Will Ferrell ; Bill Nye the Science Guy ; Bryan Cranston ; Steve Ballmer ; ozzy ;Rick Moranis ;Tom Savini ; Daniel Tosh ; Clint Eastwood ;Stephen Colbert ; Tom Herr ;Chris Gardner ; Steve Carell ; Jack Mcbrayer ;Nancy Pelosi ; Anthony Weiner ; R.L stine , Ray Bradbury ; Harrison Ford ;Tom Scholz ; Steve Martin ; Carlos Santana
Autographs (TTM): Pawn Stars ; Theodore Gray ; Jillian Michaels ; Sid Meiers ; Clive Cussler ; Jay Leno ; Sen. Mike Sturla ; Bear Grylls ; Gov. Ed Rendell ; The Fonz! ; A-rod ; Hugh Laurie ; Steve Wozniak ; MythBusters! (Tori , Grant , Kari!); Bill Clinton! ; Arnold Schwarzenneger (X2)
Chevy Chase ; John Lasseter ; Ben Bernanke ; VP Joe Biden ; Jenna Fischer ; Peter Billingsley ; Marcus Hamilton ; Ed Asner

Check out my photobucket (not all of my pics are up yet): http://adf.ly/KIER
army*gurl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What do you think of Wikileak incident?

Post by army*gurl »

jtalmodovar26 wrote:Recently, the whistle-blowing site wikileaks leaked documents on U.S's war in afghanistan. I Think it's great that civilians can finally know the real state of war but, that' just my opinion ..... What's yours?
hi there, as a soldier myself I couldn't resist your post. honestly, i can respect your opinion...but do we really have to discuss government and politics here? i can already foresee the heated debates that this topic might bring, and although I love me a good debate...this one might be a touchy subject for many. anyhow, just wanted to get that out...back to the fun stuff! let's talk autographs ;-) {up}

{??} [us] {??}
"When in doubt, faint." Keira Knightley
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

army*gurl wrote:
jtalmodovar26 wrote:Recently, the whistle-blowing site wikileaks leaked documents on U.S's war in afghanistan. I Think it's great that civilians can finally know the real state of war but, that' just my opinion ..... What's yours?
hi there, as a soldier myself I couldn't resist your post. honestly, i can respect your opinion...but do we really have to discuss government and politics here? i can already foresee the heated debates that this topic might bring, and although I love me a good debate...this one might be a touchy subject for many. anyhow, just wanted to get that out...back to the fun stuff! let's talk autographs ;-) {up}

{??} [us] {??}
first, off thanks for your service to our great country :D [us] . I'm new to this site so.... I'm not entirely sure how to delete the post
Waiting for: Donald Trump ; Will Ferrell ; Bill Nye the Science Guy ; Bryan Cranston ; Steve Ballmer ; ozzy ;Rick Moranis ;Tom Savini ; Daniel Tosh ; Clint Eastwood ;Stephen Colbert ; Tom Herr ;Chris Gardner ; Steve Carell ; Jack Mcbrayer ;Nancy Pelosi ; Anthony Weiner ; R.L stine , Ray Bradbury ; Harrison Ford ;Tom Scholz ; Steve Martin ; Carlos Santana
Autographs (TTM): Pawn Stars ; Theodore Gray ; Jillian Michaels ; Sid Meiers ; Clive Cussler ; Jay Leno ; Sen. Mike Sturla ; Bear Grylls ; Gov. Ed Rendell ; The Fonz! ; A-rod ; Hugh Laurie ; Steve Wozniak ; MythBusters! (Tori , Grant , Kari!); Bill Clinton! ; Arnold Schwarzenneger (X2)
Chevy Chase ; John Lasseter ; Ben Bernanke ; VP Joe Biden ; Jenna Fischer ; Peter Billingsley ; Marcus Hamilton ; Ed Asner

army*gurl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by army*gurl »

Thank you 8) And welcome to the site. I think the mods take care of all that deleting stuff... sorry if i sounded a bit standoffish. I didn't mean to. just wanted to warn you about the ugly debates that can pop up on this site and most are over autograph authenticity. add politics to the mix and that's a different story :neutral: anyhow, good luck with your autograph collecting {up}

and again welcome to the site :mrgreen:
"When in doubt, faint." Keira Knightley
Sasorikiller
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sasorikiller »

Politics is off-topic. I find this topic to be legit, because this is the off-topic forum. THE PROBLEM WITH WIKILEAKS IS THAT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE ON THE INTERNET. CIVILIANS DON'T NEED MUCH OF THIS INFORMATION. ANYONE CAN VIEW SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET. THE KNOWLEDGE IN THE DOCUMENTS DO NOT CONTAIN MUCH NEW INFORMATION ON THE WAR BESIDES AL QAEDA'S PROGRESSION IN POWER IN THE WAR. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE NAMES CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND AMERICA'S ENEMIES CAN USE THESE NAMES. PREVIOUSLY PROTECTED AMERICANS ARE NOW IN DANGER. UNLESS YOU ARE A LAWYER OR A HIGHER UP GOVERNMENT WORKER, THIS IS HARD TO GRASP WHEN VIEWING THE DOCUMENTS.
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Markd »

I agree with Jtalmodovar and believe it was a good thing that the documents were leaked but also agree with Sasorikiller on the point that things like names shouldn't have been revealed. Many are comparing this leak to the famous leak of the Pentagon Papers during the Vietnam War, the big difference though is that when the 4,100 pages of documents were read on the House floor by Sen. Mike Gravel, important names, places, and anything else that might put people in harms way were left out. They weren't necessary to get the point across nor were they in these papers. I firmly believe though, that when an administration is not revealing all of the information surrounding a war or any major endeavour, it is the job of the people to get the information themselves.

I will end with a quote from Richard Nixon's chief of Staff H.R. Haldeman that he said about around the release of the Pentagon papers but is relevant to this leak.

"To the ordinary guy, all this is a bunch of gobbledygook. But out of the gobbledygook comes a very clear thing. ... It shows that people do things the president wants to do even though it's wrong, and the president can be wrong."
Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca
Sasorikiller
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sasorikiller »

What exactly is new from these documents besides knowledge of civilian killings and Al Qaeda's growth? The CONS outweigh the PROS. People's lives are now at risk because of wikileaks' lack of caution and sensoring. Please understand why I take my stance on this subject. Nothing we have learned from these documents is relatively new. Things are kept from people for multiple reasons, good and bad, and these things were for the protection of the army and war.
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

okay NOW I see what you mean about heated debate! army*gurl {??} [us] {??}