who is the worst celebrity to meet

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: who is the worst celebrity to meet

Post by margotchanning »

bud simpson wrote:AGAIN.
Don't judge a celebrity by one encounter. Everybody has his or her's bad day. The wrost celebrity in my opinion is Willam Shatner.
Shatner is notoriously bad!

I wasn't too fussed on Robert Vaughn and I was disappointed coz I think he's a great actor! He seemed very fed up and couldn't be bothered to talk when I met him. It may have just been a bad day for him but I was quite sad :cry:

Henry Winkler is the best! Awesome, awesome guy!!

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
James

Post by James »

x-Jen-x wrote:All stars i've met have been so far, really nice! :D

I hear Cilla Black is awful. Can anyone confirm this?
I had no problems with Cilla.

Also, had no problem with Nathan Bracken who signed 4 for me.

Russell Crowe is one of the only celebs I've met to refuse to sign totally, can't think of many others off top of my head.
ToTheSea
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ToTheSea »

James wrote:Also, had no problem with Nathan Bracken who signed 4 for me.
Bracken signed for me too but he was a real pig about it
James

Post by James »

Maybe he was in a good mood when I got him, was nice and chatty.
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

James wrote:
x-Jen-x wrote:All stars i've met have been so far, really nice! :D

I hear Cilla Black is awful. Can anyone confirm this?
I had no problems with Cilla.
Also, had no problem with Nathan Bracken who signed 4 for me.

Russell Crowe is one of the only celebs I've met to refuse to sign totally, can't think of many others off top of my head.
Oh..because i've read of a few IP successes saying she wasn't very nice....so i'm glad you haven't had probs with Cilla {up}

Recent TTM successes: Lucy Miller, Linzi Hateley, Lauren Samuels, Lucy Scherer
Favourite TTM successes: Danielle Hope, Jodie Prenger, Sophie Evans, Lucy Scherer
Favourite IP successes: Jodie Prenger(x3), Nikki Davis Jones(x2), Connie Fisher(x2), Sheridan Smith(x2), Oli Tompsett(x1)
Recently sent: Nikki Davis-Jones, Ashleigh Gray, Chloe Taylor, Samantha Barks, Susan Mcfadden, Suzie Mcadam, Jenny Douglas
Planning on sending to: Annaleigh Ashford, Kristin Chenoweth

Sig made made by me. Do not take thanks :)
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

I think it is interesting that some celebrities choose a career path that eventually leads to fame, but they do not (or cannot) handle the attention that this fame brings. Certainly, William Shatner is one of the worst offenders. Here is a guy who clearly hates being in public, yet he never misses an opportunity to appear at a convention (and sit like a lump) so that he can sell his autograph. He is a true hypocrite.

I don't fault celebrities for not liking the public attention, loss of privacy, and autograph requests that come with fame, but they can't avoid it once it happens. Its how they deal with it that makes all the difference in public perception.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Meeting Adam West was a huge disappointment. He talked to his handler the whole time and barely acknowledged me when I stepped up to him, after paying his $25 fee. Signed my photo and tossed it at me. Kind of tarnished one of my childhood heroes (though I still enjoy the 60s show for the villains).
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
ricin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ricin »

capmonte wrote:Meeting Adam West was a huge disappointment. He talked to his handler the whole time and barely acknowledged me when I stepped up to him, after paying his $25 fee. Signed my photo and tossed it at me. Kind of tarnished one of my childhood heroes (though I still enjoy the 60s show for the villains).
Wow, that's very rude. {down} {down} {down}
SKINS Signature credits to Nicole175. Thank you. :)

Autographs Recieved:J.K Rowling (Authentic), Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Evanna Lynch, Robbie Coltrane (x2), Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Michael Emerson, Freddie Stroma, John Grisham, Elijah Wood, Matthew Lewis, The All-American Rejects, Panic! At The Disco, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps,...................
Most Wanted: Harry Potter Cast, Jack & Bobby Cast, SKINS Cast, James Patterson, Coldplay, Supernatural Cast, Sir Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Jude Law, Logan Lerman, Dean Collins, H.E President Barack Obama
Favourite: LOGAN LERMAN, J.K Rowling (Authentic), Maggie Smith, Freddie Stroma, Panic! At The Disco, The All-American Rejects, Maroon 5, John Grisham

DO NOT PM ME FOR E-MAIL ADDRESSES.

MY WEBSITE: http://www.alghernonhenri.webs.com
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

capmonte wrote:Meeting Adam West was a huge disappointment. He talked to his handler the whole time and barely acknowledged me when I stepped up to him, after paying his $25 fee. Signed my photo and tossed it at me. Kind of tarnished one of my childhood heroes (though I still enjoy the 60s show for the villains).
Thats sad!! i'm sorry {down}
sabrinaalexandra
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabrinaalexandra »

Blah, I will say the red head from That's So Raven. She's so irrelevant to me I don't even remember her name, Chelsea something, but she was a mild disney star for a time and I met her when she was in a Broadway show, she scribbled her signature on my poster and didn't even open her mouth and pulled her hat down low and trotted away. I was going to say she performed well but after that I almost wanted to laugh.

Yesterday Catherine Zeta Jones didn't sign for anyone. She just hopped in the car and went bye bye, but I think maybe she had somewhere to go. Angela Lansbury doesn't sign but she sometimes leaves autographs for waiting fans and she will sign if you mail to her at her theatre events. I think she gets too tired or has other plans, which is understandable. But yeah, I was surprised CZJ didn't even stop for a minute to scribble her name on a couple of things! There was a guy with a Tony awards thing and he had a bunch of signatures on standing right by her car and he was shut down. Ouch. I wouldn't say she was rude, just in a hurry... she did smile and talk for a while on stage after the play ended and seemed friendly enough.

Hmm... I thought Tom Delonge was going to be an ass, but surprisingly after waiting in line for hours (was first with a friend but got cut by about 30 people!) he leaned down and gave me a hug and signed things even though the security was telling him they weren't "allowed" to sign more than one thing per person. He also high fived me and my friend gave him my drawing and he laughed at it, it was more of a joke than anything, I did it while we were bored waiting and he said he'd keep it and put it somewhere special... so I think for things where it's a CD signing or book signing a lot of the times it's their managers or like, security who get irritable having to stand there all day while the celebs sit and blah blah. They just want to rush it along and the celeb is sometimes told rules they have to follow and get grumpy because of the rules, actually. I remember this one guy wanted him to sign like 3 things and the security barked at him calling him a name and I was taking pictures and he said, "Have you taken enough yet, jesus" and Tom looked at the guy and told him it was perfectly okay and he would sign whatever he wanted. It was totally cool and surprising. I always knew he was a good guy though many say he isn't.

Let me think.... I met Edi Gathegi or whatever from Twilight and he asked me if I was a reporter (I have a nice camera, I'm into photography) and I said no and as soon as I said that he got disinterested and only felt like hitting on me and looking at my boobs and hitting on the other girls around me. It was a little creepy so I didn't bother with his autograph, just snapped a few pictures and he looked like I wasn't 'important' enough (since I wasn't from an agency to do so.. ha). I thought that was lame, he was obviously a fame seeker as he kept asking little girls what quotes were his from the Twilight movies too. :roll: