Should I resend?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
SaberFireTiger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Should I resend?

Post by SaberFireTiger »

Hey guys, I was wondering if I should resend my requests to Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion of Castle. Some people have been getting replies when I sent before them. I know I should be patient. Thing is, I'm not sure I had enough postage on it and think that might be why it hasn't arrived. They were my first TTM requests so I went to the post office for them to help me and I remember they put $1.01 of stamps on it. Is that enough to get it back to me? I know now that any large envelope needs at least $1.05 so do you guys think it would be okay to resend or to just keep waiting. Thanks!
Favorites: Fran Kranz, Jeffrey Donovan, Stana Katic, Summer Glau, Bridget Regan, Craig Horner, Karen Gillan, Matt Smith, Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Daniel Radcliffe, my most wanted: JOSS WHEDON!
IP:Eliza Dushku, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Ron Glass
Most Wanted: Dollhouse Cast
DanaRenoMBA
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Should I resend?

Post by DanaRenoMBA »

You didn't say how long it has been since you mailed. So, you may want to remember that celebrities get busy sometimes and it may take a while to get a response.

Regarding the postage. I always put my return address on the SASE. So if there is not enough postage it comes to me any way, and my letter carrier lets me know that I owe her. I then put what ever I owe in my box the next day. Not all letter carriers will do that, some will send a card stating how much you owe and request that you go to the post office to pay and pick up your mail.

Hope that helps at least a little

Dana
I have been asked many times about trading / selling some of my autographs. I am sorry but my collection is not and will not be for sale.
SaberFireTiger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SaberFireTiger »

It has been about 2-3 months. Still early huh? But I really wanted to know about the postage since I didn't put my address as the return address. I do that now, but back then I didn't have that knowledge of what to do and how everything works. I am somewhat annoyed that the post office didn't put enough stamps on it when they are supposed to know everything related to the mail. Either way, I suppose I'll wait it out. Thanks for replying!
Favorites: Fran Kranz, Jeffrey Donovan, Stana Katic, Summer Glau, Bridget Regan, Craig Horner, Karen Gillan, Matt Smith, Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Daniel Radcliffe, my most wanted: JOSS WHEDON!
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

it only takes 88 cents to mail a large envelope that weighs less then 2 oz. as long as they dont add cardboard you should be fine
#-John-#
scarybun
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by scarybun »

jdp3577 wrote:it only takes 88 cents to mail a large envelope that weighs less then 2 oz. as long as they dont add cardboard you should be fine
Actually, it also depends on the mailing zone. Mailing from coast to coast costs more than sending to the next state, even if the envelope weighs the same.
SaberFireTiger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SaberFireTiger »

jdp3577 wrote:it only takes 88 cents to mail a large envelope that weighs less then 2 oz. as long as they dont add cardboard you should be fine
I included cardboard but my large envelopes that include my SASE and LOR tends to weigh 1.7oz so the SASE itself is less than that. Thanks for that bit of info!
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

I would give it until the end of may then resend just so if anything you have peace of mind about the postage and know you did all you can.
SaberFireTiger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SaberFireTiger »

johnnylightning wrote:I would give it until the end of may then resend just so if anything you have peace of mind about the postage and know you did all you can.
I'll do that. Thanks! {up}