"Lets talk about me!" - personal info in LOR

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
echoamaru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

"Lets talk about me!" - personal info in LOR

Post by echoamaru »

Hi all!

Another one from me!

I've read a lot of things on composing your letter to your chosen celeb, and a number of places recommend including information about yourself. I was just wondering - do you do this? If so, what do you include? And why? For example, I'm not sure I really want to tell everyone my age (which must mean that I feel old! lol), and it seems a bit odd to make a point of mentioning my hometown, particularly when writing to people based in the UK...

As always, very grateful for your thoughts!
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: "Lets talk about me!" - personal info in LOR

Post by omgitscaro »

I don't put much personal info in mine (after all, the letter's about them! I also don't want to think I'm boring them, or telling a life story, when all I'm doing is requesting an autograph! :lol:)

I just say "Hi! My name is ____, I'm ___ years old and I live in ______."

Then I go on with writing the rest of the letter. :)
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

In my requests, I start them like:

Dear (Celeb's name)

Hi! My name is (My name), I'm (Age) & I live in a small town called (Town's name). Then I list a couple of hobbies I enjoy doing so them celeb at least knows what I'm interested in. I've gotten lots of replies back saying they love my letters. :D

RYAN J. 8)
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Hey sometimes the celebrity does not even read the letter so i try not too much too much effort in it. i do say my name...my age..what i like about them..and request the autograph.
and i always add at the end P.S YOU ROCK. :lol: :D . good luck with your request!
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

I would put a little something in about yourself, just so they get a sense of who you are. Are you school age? Or older? What does this person like doing? Etc. They know all about themselves, so why go on an on about them? A good balance could be to say something about which song/movie/episode/scene/book of theirs you like and why, maybe it reminded you of a moment in your life, or a person you know. It's up to you what and how much you include, but similarily, dont go on and on about yourself either... they dont need your autobiography! :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

Hi! :)
I totally agree with what osiris said...
I always start with My name is ____, I'm ___ years old and I come from Slovenia (half of the people don't know our country exist so telling my city name wouldn't help them much...). And after I write a letter...If I'm writing to an actor, I may write about one movie and tell them why it touched me so much, usually there is a connection with my life so I simply write down this story or something like this. It's the same when writing to a singer/author...
-Urša
Thanks to Seb for my beautiful set! :)

Favourites: Kellan Lutz!, David Wenham!, Frank W. Abagnale, Tom Felton, Billy Boyd,
Adrien Brody, Channing Tatum, Geoffrey Rush, Robert Pattinson, Ian Somerhalder
Most wanted: Dominic Monaghan, Amanda Bynes, Heath Ledger (RIP)
Last one received: James Franco

{star} My Autograph Website
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

RYAN J. wrote:In my requests, I start them like:

Dear (Celeb's name)

Hi! My name is (My name), I'm (Age) & I live in a small town called (Town's name). Then I list a couple of hobbies I enjoy doing so them celeb at least knows what I'm interested in. I've gotten lots of replies back saying they love my letters. :D

RYAN J. 8)
This is exactly what I do, down to the word basically. I consider it important to introduce yourself a bit, as it shows you are putting time and care into the letter, and that you are not just trying to scab an auto for the sake of it!
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
netsfan00
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by netsfan00 »

i put name, age, & where i live. then from there just say how im a fan of them.

i try to keep it short...
New Jersey Nets