Q&A's Yay or Nay?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
DarbyD53
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Q&A's Yay or Nay?

Post by DarbyD53 »

I'm Yay for them.

I don't send them with everyone, just depends on who it is. I know I spent a lot of time reading the ones on Ryan J's photobucket page. I get a kick out of seeing some of their answers. I've got two back so far.

I think some of the celebs also probably enjoy doing them. I know things change probably once you are famous but if people sent me Q&A's in the mail right now I'm enjoy doing them lol.
bobd_uk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bobd_uk »

It's a matter of taste. If you like that sort of thing, and are aware that there's a fair chance it won't come back, then go for it!! Every now and then you'll get a nice surprise!

Personally, I don't send them.
kyrandia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kyrandia »

My answer is Nay, for every questionniare the actors could have signed two ore three picture for other collectors. I've never sent one.
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

I'm sort of nyay I guess. :D

I think my main problem with a Q&A is what if I offended them? Like I asked for their autograph already and now I want more of them? I wouldn't like to think that they're signing my stuff wondering "why the hell this person want to know stuff about me".

But then again, it would be nice to do something like that if I wasn't already asking too much of them.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

I send one sometimes, really depends on who I'm sending to.
Johnny's Fan wrote: I think my main problem with a Q&A is what if I offended them? Like I asked for their autograph already and now I want more of them? I wouldn't like to think that they're signing my stuff wondering "why the hell this person want to know stuff about me".
Ironically, I've always thought a Q&A showed that you were a truer fan and not just another autograph seeker. Who really knows though.
tarrbear
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tarrbear »

Johnny's Fan wrote:I'm sort of nyay I guess. :D

I think my main problem with a Q&A is what if I offended them? Like I asked for their autograph already and now I want more of them? I wouldn't like to think that they're signing my stuff wondering "why the hell this person want to know stuff about me".

But then again, it would be nice to do something like that if I wasn't already asking too much of them.
That's true, I do worry if I'm asking too much, but I figured it was fairly short and if he doesn't want to fill it out then he doesn't have to, and I do enjoy reading other peoples Q&A's, some are funny, so its even cooler to receive one you sent out then get to read it..... then share it with everybody lol.

And I have no plans to send them out to everyone I write to, just those who I'd be truly interested in getting a Q&A back from
Sammya
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sammya »

I say Yay.

I do like questionnaires, it's always interesting to discover something about a celeb that you have never heard of before because they were never asked about that in an interview. I sent a couple or so of Q&A's and so far I've gotten two filled out and one half-filled out. I rarely send them, but if I do, it's for someone I really admire and want to know more about them. I try hard creating such question that are interesting and original, but not offending or invading their privacy. Sometimes it's really difficult to make up such questions. But I always enjoy reading the answers if they decide to fullfil the Q&A for me. So I say Yay, but only occasionally.
>> My autograph collection site << *NEW WEBSITE!*
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Yay! They provide that little bit of proof that the celeb cares about their fans (and probably actually read your letter) and it is fun to see their answers :D
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
Icena
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Icena »

I don't send them, mainly because I'd have no idea where to put them when I got them back! I think they're a cool idea, just not my thing. I prefer to just write letters, myself ^_^
R.I.P Jeremy Brett, The Only Sherlock Holmes I've Ever Known.