How much would you pay a celebrity to sign?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
GABORWORLD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How much would you pay a celebrity to sign?

Post by GABORWORLD »

Have you ever paid a celebrity for their autograph either at a convention or on their website? If so, what is your limit?

I want to see what people’s thoughts were for paying for autographs (not a dealer for second hand autographs- but paying the celebrity directly)

My limit is $20- and that’s if I really want it and the celebrity is worth it. The most I ever paid a celebrity for their autograph was $100 (Charles Duke- the 10th person to walk on the moon) … and I still think I was crazy for doing that. (but then again the Apollo astronauts are getting any younger :lol: )

GABOR
seamus
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: How much would you pay a celebrity to sign?

Post by seamus »

I have never paid for autograph...but my limit would be 15 $, maybe 20, but for some really wanted auto... :D
Revolver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Revolver »

If Sir Paul McCartney were to personally sign and dedicate a photograph to me... I would be willing to pay up to $70 probably.

It would never happen though :lol:
See my latest successes! Click -> Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

It depends who it is ofcourse, but I think my max is $40 for any celebrity in person.
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

My limit is $10.00 plus shipping so maybe $15.00 tops total.
Will Bozarth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Will Bozarth »

It depends on who it is. If I had the chance to meet Sir Christopher Lee in person, I would gladly pay $500-$1,000 without blinking just for the autograph. If I needed to pay for airfare, lodging, and a photo with him, then add that right on to it.

That being said, I'd go up to $25 for the usual celebrity at a convention, $50 for rare headliners, and $100 for those that I've looked up to for years.
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

It would really depend on who the celeb was and how much money I had at the time.
My limit would proberly be £15/£20 [uk]
Thanks to -Lil1- for my gorgeous siggy :D
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

I have and it's not so much for the actual signature as the experience. I like having my picture taken with the celeb more than the autograph, but there is typicaly a discount price for one signature and photo with the talent so I do that.

I only do it for very select names. Basically I would only be willing to pay to meet Pacino, DeNiro, Scorsese, gandolfini, Imperioli, Nic Cage, Travolta, Christopher Walken, Adam Sandler, Eminem, Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Snoop, and some of the athletes I grew up admiring.

I try to avoid paying for autographs as much as possible; but in certain instances TTM and IP are near impossible so I do it.

In all honesty I disagree with a celeb charging for a signature. I understand at conventions a person pays the star X amount and the person sets the price; but celebs who charge directly bother me. Leah Remini charges what it costs her for the photo and shipping; i wish more were like her. To me $5 for a professional phot, authentic signature, and the postage is a deal.
Will Bozarth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Will Bozarth »

What about stars that don't get much work? Most of the people that attend conventions don't really work too much, so they do conventions as an extra source of income. Charging the price of printing the photo would only hurt them.
DarbyD53

Post by DarbyD53 »

IP's: Britney Spears ($Too Much). Mel Gibson and Will Smith I'd easy drop $100-$150 if they were to me

Other People: $20-$30. Depending if it was an 8x10 or a card they pulled from a pack.