Spring training

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
rpdfire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Spring training

Post by rpdfire »

I go for future stars and am pleased to get back Wieters so quickly. waiting on hanson, johnson, jurjens, and kershaw now anyone have luck with them
lukes.dad1113
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lukes.dad1113 »

Wow thanks guys you all have been so much help I decided to take th advice about future stars I am sending out these guys tonight I will post any feedback as I get it thanks again
Dexter fowler
Wilmer flores. *would he be at s.t.?
Austin jackson
Noah lowry
Kevin pucetas
Conor jackson
Kip wells
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

kershaw seems to be a horrible TTM signer. I've been after him sinc ethe minor leagues. I am a huge Dodgers fan so he is a huge want for me. I've sent to his house in the off season the past 2 years and that failed too. I sent again to ST but I don't think it was worth the stamps.
Doug McD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Doug McD »

If you guys had to stick a percentage on how many successes you get based on how many you send out what would it be? I only ask because I'm trying to determine how many cards end up going missing, today for instance I got my Les Miles TTM back and the envelope was ripped in half with only half of my last name on it (no address at all). Is there any way I can reduce the chance of this happening?

I dont see how it could have made it that far and back to my post office unless it was damaged at my local post office.

I normally just send a business envelope with another SASE business envelope inside, 1 or 2 cards, an LOR, and a toploader, which I thought was the norm...

Do any of you use PO boxes?
packrat

Post by packrat »

Success percentage can vary depending on how aggressive one is, so you really can't go by that. There are other factors involved, though. It's important to do the research -- check the address with the USPS zip code finder site and a white pages reverse search -- before sending.

It's better to take your chances and just send the card unprotected. I don't use a toploader since some players will simply pull the card out (toploader and all) and then sign the toploader before shoving it into the SASE. The vast majority of my cards come back fine. A few cards have come back creased, and a few have come back damaged by the USPS machines with a chunk or two missing on one side. I even had one card come back in an unsealed envelope. Not a lot you can do about it but these things do happen.

I don't use a P.O. box. Doesn't really make any difference that I know of.
Doug McD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Doug McD »

Thanks for your input, I'm sort of new to sending out cards these days. I have in the past, just wasnt sure what the etiquette was now.
rpdfire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpdfire »

chriscollector wrote:kershaw seems to be a horrible TTM signer. I've been after him sinc ethe minor leagues. I am a huge Dodgers fan so he is a huge want for me. I've sent to his house in the off season the past 2 years and that failed too. I sent again to ST but I don't think it was worth the stamps.
My package was rejected got it back today had all the right stamps and everything. he prob doesnt sign bc it said RTS on my package
Nationals123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nationals123 »

Does any1 have any recomendations on some good ttm spring training signers? thanks :D
slhs23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by slhs23 »

Hey guys heres what I sent out the past week

Ichiro
Travis hafner
AJ Pierzinski
Omar Vizquel
Hanley Ramirez
Mark McGwire
Kurt Gibson-Got him last year so I thought I'd try again on something different
JD Drew
Joe Mauer
Billy Ripken-sent to MLB network

I think I might get a few back, after reading some feedback I dont think I'll get Hanley but hopefully I get the card back. Thoughts on what I might get back? Thanks, great thread
CWill97
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by CWill97 »

I sent out a whole bunch Monday. I supplied my own photograph/card and a SASE. You think I could potentially get any back guys? Any feedback would be great! Hopefully I get at least one back! Good luck everyone with their ST send outs. Hope everyone gets a good amount back!

Jason Varitek
Jon Lester
Tim Wakefield
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Jacoby Ellsbury
Clay Buchholz
Josh Beckett
Kevin Youkilis
Jonathan Papelbon
Dustin Pedroia
Orlando Cabrera
Johnny Damon
Mark Buehrle
Francisco Liriano
Roy Oswalt
Torii Hunter
Alfonso Soriano
Todd Helton
EVERY REQUEST INCLUDES A SASE, INDEX CARD FOR "SLIGHT" PROTECTION AND LOR!!

NONE OF MY AUTOGRAPHS ARE FOR SALE!!! THEY ARE FOR MY PERSONAL COLLECTION ONLY!!!

Autograph collecting is a hobby of mine. It is not meant to be anything for profit nor beyond my enjoyment. I only send out to people I have deep respect for in their profession/field. I send out to the following but not limited to: professional/college athletes/coaches, actors/actresses from TV shows, artists/authors, voice actors/actresses, and any other random celebrity I love/respect. I try to respect everyone's privacy the best I can.

Feel free to private message me about anything. I'm always willing to help if I can. Just do not demand addresses/advice. Be chill about it and I'll definitely be of some help! Aggression and entitlement gets nothing.

Best advice I can give everyone about autograph collecting through the mail are the 3 P's:

BE POLITE!!!
BE POSITIVE!!!
BE PATIENT!!!