Quick Question-Home Addresses

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
steviey2493
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Quick Question-Home Addresses

Post by steviey2493 »

I registered to this site for $10 a month and it gave me TONS of home addresses. Have you guys sent to home addresses before?Is the chances of that succeeding higher than an agent because probably there will be very few requests at home?I have done this with atheletes and it has worked decent, but I don't know about celebs. Also, the turnaround time might be more if they are shooting a film. Let me know, thanks!!
purplemonkey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Quick Question-Home Addresses

Post by purplemonkey »

personally i'm against sending to home addresses as I think its invading their privacy since its pretty much the one place where they can get away from everything. its just my honest opinion. but i guess since you've registered you could try it out. i have no idea what the chances are of getting a reply though, so good luck :)
steviey2493
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by steviey2493 »

i mean i thought about that but the thing is im an 18 year old kid and im sending my own picture and theres usually a personal level of something that i commend them for(celebs with cancer charities because my mom had it) so i think its not like a typical ur a good actor/actress can u send me a signed picture type of thing
annie985

Post by annie985 »

Hi steviey2493,

I am also personally against sending to a home address. My opinion is that a celebrity's home is just that - their place where they can go and be themselves and it may creep them out that you got their home address. If you do happen to get a success using a home address, please DON'T post the home address on the boards.

~Annie :)
Autograph Collector since 2008
Favorite Autos: Raynor Arkenbout, John-Paul Lavoisier, Thore Scholerman, Marnie Schulenburg, Christian Bale, Mary Tyler Moore
steviey2493
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by steviey2493 »

Oh I know, I never would.I don't know I have mixed feelings about the home addresses, I partially know what your talking about but at the same time, I really wouldn't even care if they didn't sign the letter, more or less just read it. That would be enough for me as long as I found out they read it. I think because its different that it is coming from a kid with something more than hey sign my picture.Do you guys know what I mean or is it a bad idea?
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

I don't think celebrities would appreciate fans sending them mail at there home addresses. This is why they hire agents to represent them. {up} Fan mail addresses are published for a reason. Take a walk in their shoes, would you like your personal mailbox full with request everyday, or would you want your agent to handle your fan mail? I would do everything possible to keep my home address private!

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
bbgood39
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bbgood39 »

I am also against it, but honestly the final word is up to you. I know people who have tried big celebs at their homes and got a response... it depends on the celebrity, of course.
Current Autographs: Hilary Duff (x4) IP, Hilary Duff (x2) PP, Stan Curtis IP (x2), Aria Wallace IP, Aria Wallace AUTH, Aria Wallace PP, Tim Deegan IP, Olesya Rulin IP (x2), SYTYCD Canada Judges IP, Savannah Outen AUTH (x2), Alexis Bledel SFM, Selena Gomez SFM, Selena Gomez AUTH (x2)Tanya Kim IP (x2), Leah Miller IP, Jasmine Richards IP (x2), Nick Spencer IP, Jacob Kraemer IP, Sally Taylor-Isherwood IP, Alyson Stoner IP (x2), Chelsea Staub AUTH, Katy Perry AUTH, Corbin Bleu AUTH (x2), WOW the Group IP, Alyssa Reid IP, Emily Osment IP (x2), Dakota Fanning AUTH (x2), Austin MacDonald IP, Austin MacDonald AUTH, Nicole Anderson AUTH (x3), Miley Cyrus AUTH, many more...
Favourite Autographs: Hilary Duff, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus (all authentic/IP)
Current Q&As: Nicole Anderson
IP = In Person / AUTH = Authentic / PP = Pre-Print / SFM = Studio Fan Mail
Rachel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Rachel »

I'm also against it unless you have prior permission which is REALLY rare. A lot of celebrities will ignore any fan mail sent to their addresses, because they think it's just an invasion and they would be right.

I HATE when people publish home addresses. Someone got hold of Piper Perabo's address a few years ago...it spread and spread and is on every fan mail site around. Now 90% of "fans" are writing to her at home. I just think it's plain wrong.
{down}