Bye Bye Birdie Playbill Success! No John Stamos. 119 Days!!

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
RYAN J.

Bye Bye Birdie Playbill Success! No John Stamos. 119 Days!!

Post by RYAN J. »

Received my Bye-Bye Birdie cast signed Playbill today!! :D Was quite excited to get this one as the play finished up a couple of weeks ago. There was like 3 reports of playbills TTM when the show first opened, but then they stopped and we all thought they weren’t sending them out anymore. Then a few days ago fans started getting them back again! {up} The original Playbills had a John Stamos autograph (Which was the main reason I wrote for one) & pretty much all 36 cast members signatures, but these recent ones do not include a John Stomas and mine was only signed by 28/36 cast members: Allie Trimm, Allison Strong, Catherine Blades, Colleen Fitzpatrick, David McDonald, Dee Hoty, Emma Rowley, Jayne Houdyshell, JC Montgomery, Jillian Mueller, Jim Walton, Matt Doyle?, Natalie Hill, Nina Hennessey, Patty Goble, Paul Pilcz, Paula Leggett Chase, Robert Hager, Timothy Shew, Todd Gearhart & Eight unidentifiable signatures. (Note to Broadway: have cast members take a signature writing course before signing playbills in the future. Will make my task much easier. :lol: ) So not quite the success I was hoping for, but I’m still VERY happy that they took the time to answer my request!! :D

SASE:
Cast Signed Playbill:

Sent: October 3rd 2009
Replied: January 29th 2010
Days Taken: 119 (my longest wait ever for a Playbill)

Address Used: (NO LONGER VALID)

'Bye Bye Birdie'
ATTN: Stage Manager
C/o Henry Miller's Theatre
124 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
USA

RYAN J.
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Bye Bye Birdie Playbill Success! No John Stamos. 119 Days!!

Post by Ryco11757 »

Congrats!!!! it is a shame that John stamos didnt sign! i got the same playbill the other day
Last edited by Ryco11757 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks Ryan. Like I mentioned above, I'm still happy they replied. {up} There's always next time to get John Stamos if he comes back and does another run of this play. :D

RYAN J. 8)
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

. . . it looks like the Broadway people signed and the famous people did not (Only looking at who you mentioned, not at the signatures). I wonder if (nothing against you, I'm not sure how you write your letters to these things) if they sent you that because you sounded overly excited about the BROADWAY people or if they sent it to tick you off with the celebs...curious!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Actually several of the famous people signed it. {up} They probably just didn't have all the cast together to sign these so some people get more or less signatures. I try and make my letters or request sound good, but I don't act to excited as you mentioned. I basically tell them thank you for putting on the production and will mention one or two artists who I admire & I'm sure to tell them to pass along my best wishes to ALL the cast and crew.

RYAN J. 8)
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks loveryan!! I'm very happy with it!!

RYAN J. 8)
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

So last night I contacted a couple of the cast via email who I thought may have signed my playbill & couldn't decipher the names and I inlcuded a scan which I posted above and I got a reply saying that they were given a LOT of stuff to sign right at the end of the show and many items got skipped over. So that explains why no John Stamos and 28/36 cast. {up}

RYAN J. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:53 am.