What's the longest you've waited in line for an autograph?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Rekless
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What's the longest you've waited in line for an autograph?

Post by Rekless »

The longest you've waited for an IP success and who was it.

Mine was 7 hours. I got a jersey signed by the entire nsw rugby league team. 21 autos in all.
nickmoore777
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What's the longest you've waited in line for an autograph?

Post by nickmoore777 »

I went to a few movie premieres, waiting 7 hours, but it was worth it because I got Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet's autographs. The other premiere I was meant to see Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, but they didn't come apparently because of Swine Flu. I did get Quentin Tarantino's autograph though, and Diane Kruger.

I also went to a convention starting at 10am. I got ther at 10.30am, starting queing to meet the stars. They are all at the front on a table. I met them at 9.40pm. And also the convention was meant to end at 5pm, and they were nice enough to carry on signing until they had met everyone. It said on the website they stopped signing at 10.20pm. I think that is really nice. Especially as one of them was really old, and had a problem with his arm, the same one he was signing with, it was even in bandages. Also none of them even stopped for a break. That was a long wait to, but worth it. Met Only Fools and Horses cast, and got two signed posters.
Latest Success: Zach Braff (IP).
EastEnders Autographs: 146 different cast cards signed, plus some doubles.
Favourite Authentic TTM Successes: Paloma Faith, Alan Rickman, Gemma Arterton (VV), James Earl Jones (VV), Colin Firth, Keira Knightley, Richard Griffiths and Lord Sugar.
Favourite IP Successes: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz, Diane Kruger, Robert Vaughn, OFAH Cast, Penn and Teller, Myleene Klass, Zach Braff.
Will Bozarth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Will Bozarth »

21 hours for Stephen King back in November. I got in line for his booksigning at 10pm, and I didn't get my book signed until roughly 7pm. That's around when he started signing, and I was 10th in line.
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

I think 2 hours waiting for John Travolta. it was feb so i was freezing!
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

8 hours. I got to a Hillary Clinton book signing at 5AM and the signing was at 1 PM.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

I waited 2-3 hours for Ernie Banks at the '08 Chicago Cub's Convention. It was well worth the wait to get Mr. Cub! 8) I waited about the same amount of time for Dan Aykroyd last year when he came to Chicago.

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
annie985

Post by annie985 »

I waited 5 hours outside at night for Hanson's autograph. :)
Autograph Collector since 2008
Favorite Autos: Raynor Arkenbout, John-Paul Lavoisier, Thore Scholerman, Marnie Schulenburg, Christian Bale, Mary Tyler Moore
Beau
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Beau »

Will Bozarth wrote:21 hours for Stephen King back in November. I got in line for his booksigning at 10pm, and I didn't get my book signed until roughly 7pm. That's around when he started signing, and I was 10th in line.
21 hours? 10th in line? That's 2,5 per autograph. Wauw. I hope it was worth it, and at least personalized the autograph.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Beau wrote:
Will Bozarth wrote:21 hours for Stephen King back in November. I got in line for his booksigning at 10pm, and I didn't get my book signed until roughly 7pm. That's around when he started signing, and I was 10th in line.
21 hours? 10th in line? That's 2,5 per autograph. Wauw. I hope it was worth it, and at least personalized the autograph.
Never have I ever stayed in line overnight for an autograph. I might have done the same for Stephen King though. {up}

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
Beau
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Beau »

Yeah, I think he's great to, but 21 hours? I don't know.