Proving you're for real

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
natalie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Proving you're for real

Post by natalie »

I really want to raise a lot of money for Oxfam, but I have no idea how to go about proving that I'm for real and I'm telling the truth! Do celebrities notice? Does it matter? Also on eBay, how do you let them know the autographs are real and that you're actually going to donate the money?

Thank you so much!

Natalie
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

proving

Post by celebrityfan »

Hi Natalie, thanks for your question.

To prove that you're actually authentic, add why you are raising money for this specific charity and how much they require a month to run, etc. Show that you are genuinely collecting for them.

On Ebay, there is a new section where you can freely put on items for charity. You decide how much of the earnings go to the charity (ie, 100%, 50% etc) and then you decide which charity. After it is sold, I believe the earnings go straight to the charity and you send the item out.

Hope this all helps, it's a little complicated, I know! :D

Good luck with your collecting.
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Steffi {up}

You are totally right about ebay. Unfortunately when I had my first auction before Christmas the new charity bit had not yet started.

It cost me £75 to list my first 40 items which was quite a chunk out of the money we made :cry:

By the way, another way you can prove you are collecting for a charity is to ask the charity to provide you with some "official" headed paper for your letters. Most charities will honour your request, and it does help in proving who you are.

Just a thought!

Ian :mrgreen:
RobinTreksPeru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

proving you're for real

Post by RobinTreksPeru »

i find being genuine is the best way, if you truly believe in the charity that you are fundraising for it comes through in the way you write and celebs pick up on that.

in addition, some charities will provide a reference number (i now have a volunteer id number from cancer research uk)

otherwise, most are more than happy to help out and provide you with certification that can either be photocopied and sent out with every request ir provided for those who request it. alternatively, if they can send out headed notepaper (although most charities wont go to this expense) then this will alwyas help.

good luck with your fundriaising!!
Visit my Charity Web Journal @

http://the10grandcharitychallenge.wordpress.com

thanks
Robin