HOw to send a SASE

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
RYAN J.

Re: HOw to send a SASE

Post by RYAN J. »

MrDubbs wrote:So you'd buy an envelope bigger then 9x12, plus a 9x12. Then self address and stamp the 9x12, and put it in the bigger envelope with a letter and pictures (if wanted?)

do I have that right?
Actually you can just use two 9x12 envelopes and just fold the SASE one. {up} Won't hurt the photo when it get's returned if you remember to put in a peice of cardboard.

RYAN J. 8)
MrDubbs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MrDubbs »

awesome, thanks for the advice. the cardboard prevents the envelope from being bent I assume. So I assume I'd include it, it in the non folded envelope and the celeb would understand why it's there? Do you make it about the size of the envelope? Also, being that I've never mailed a piece of cardboard before how much does it cost to ship? so I'll know how many stamps to use for the return etc

thanks for your help, i'm a total noob when it comes to this
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

You can also request in your letter or write on the piece of cardboard itself "Please place back in SASE to prevent damage to photo. Thanks." Cardboard can be same size as the envelope if you like. Maybe leave a tiny gap so it can be slid in and out without having to use extra force which may tear the envelope.

RYAN J. 8)
librarian
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by librarian »

Greetings,
So, let me understand this.
Sending mail from USA to USA.
1.I have 9x 11 envelope, and I should put celebrity name, address on the Right lower corner, then my address on the Left Upper corner, put stamps on the envelope.
2. enclose my smaller envelope(SASE), 8x10, put my name on the lower right corner.(Now, do I put mail stamps on the envelope or just put them inside of that envelope)?
Thanks
Pencebaseball9 wrote:I moved this to the correct board. Also feel free to look around this section for information.

I'll try to help you though. A SASE is an envelope in which you address to yourself,stamp, and enclose in the fan mail you are sending. This allows your celebrity to be able to reply to you.

You should have:
1 envelope addressed to your celebrity,stamped
1 SASE (put this inside the other envelope)
1 fan letter
optional: something for them to sign if needed
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Here's a couple of examples of my SASE's that I do. I put my address in both spots on the SASE and put the celeb's initials next to it. that way the post office doesn't know who it's from and if something goes wrong it will be delivered to me either way. {up}

9x12 SASE:

#10 SASE: (Most common for 4x6 photos and smaller:

Hope this helps you!

RYAN J. 8)
librarian
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by librarian »

I got this!
But, still have a question.
Would it be better to put stamps inside of the envelope (with my name on the lower right corner), or put them actually on the envelope? The reason why I am asking is because they might have some other envelope to send(bigger/ smaller picture), and if stamps are already on the envelope, they can't get them out from envelope..
RYAN J. wrote:Here's a couple of examples of my SASE's that I do. I put my address in both spots on the SASE and put the celeb's initials next to it. that way the post office doesn't know who it's from and if something goes wrong it will be delivered to me either way. {up}

9x12 SASE:

#10 SASE: (Most common for 4x6 photos and smaller:

Hope this helps you!

RYAN J. 8)
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I always put the stamps on the envelope so they don't have to. I've had cases where I'll send the celeb some 4x6 photos and a #10 envelope they end up sending me some 8x10's, so what they did was tape my small SASE to a bigger envelope and sent it that way. {up}

But if you'd like you can just place the stamps in the envelope too, maybe attach them with a paperclip to your letter so they don't get lost. I did this for Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and he put them on his own envelope and sent me a photo. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
MangoToaster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MangoToaster »

RYAN J. wrote:I put my address in both spots on the SASE and put the celeb's initials next to it. that way the post office doesn't know who it's from and if something goes wrong it will be delivered to me either way. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
But then, what if you wanted to figure out the celebrities return address, and see whether there's a new address or not?
and also about the post office, what could they do? Would they steal the letter? Won't they get fired?
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I keep track of the addresses I use on every request. That when when I do get a reply, I know what address I used. And generally, most celebs don't write the return address on the envelopes, even if you leave that spot open.

According to state laws no USPS employee is supposed to steal mail, but sadly it still happens. And they don't have cameras in the mail trucks. Most of the times it's the lower class mailmen. They figure the company doesn't pay them enough, so they steal mail and sell what they can on Ebay or pawn shop. {down}

RYAN J. 8)
ELDER123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ELDER123 »

when I put seal the country's destiny, I do not need to put a stamp on top of it?. :? :?
or, when her open my SASE, he go to stamp on the seal? :neutral:
RECEIVED HP: Imelda Staunton, Robbie Coltrane, Matthew Lewis, Emma Watson, Daniel radcliffe (PP) ,
Maggie Smith, Bonnie Wright, Shirley Henderson, Richard Griffiths, James And Oliver Phelps, Daniel Radcliffe vv ( Authentic ),
Alan Rickman VV, Elen McCrory, Julie Walters

Favorite success: Nathan Kress; Alan Rickman VV; Norman Reedus VV

Most wanted: Rupert Grint, J.K ROWLING

Last 5 Send: Mirian Margolys, Rupert Grint, Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride