Peterborough United Fc vs Derby County Inc Martin Adams

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
Theo2008
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Peterborough United Fc vs Derby County Inc Martin Adams

Post by Theo2008 »

Pre-match:

Okay, so it's been a long time since I've done one of these little columns as I haven't had a scanner but now that I do, I will be doing it, so as well all know, Posh aren't doing very well, bottom of the table and now 5 points off the bottom 3, not looking good is it, well yesterday I was really excited and I really thought we'd have a chance of winning this game, I got there about 2 and a half hours before the game, I got all the players, I was excited to meet all the new loanees, Mcleod, Livermore, Reid and especially Gilbert (on loan from Arsenal), I met them all and they kindly signed for me. When Derby's bus came, there was a lot of people waiting, a lot!, i'd say about 100. No one wanted to sign but that wasn't much of a surprise to me.

Kick off:

So we started really well, with Mcleod looking lively and the new loanees all looking very exciting, we got a few chances, especially one where Mcleod was one on one and should of scored, Savage was getting a lot of stick (What a surprise!) and Derby were looking pretty decent but then came the first of the major decision, the defender Craig Morgan lunged at one of Derby's players, it looked pretty nasty but a red card? maybe. Well he got sent off, the fans went ballistic, it really didn't look like a sending off. That gave us a bit of a knock but I still had belief we could win this game, it all looked OK until the 45th minute where Ryan Bennett made a mistake and DJ Campbell pounced, one on one with Lewis, he was brought down by Bennett, It looked a bad foul but when I watched the highlights it did look as if he got the ball, anyway he was sent off, penalty, disbelief for the fans who were getting increasingly angry with the poor referee (and lino), the penalty was scored, half time. '1-0 to the referee' was chanted by London Road as loud as ever, the ref had to be helped out by 6 stewards. I knew it was over and they scored again right after half time, 9 vs 11, the ref got even more stick. But we still had chances and we got behind the lads who were giving their all, the ref had some really bad decisions, not just the penalty decisions by the way. And then it was three, London Road '3-0 to the referee' 'the referee's a w*****' Savage wasn't helping either, going over to the referee anytime possible to try get a yellow. I was so annoyed. We were all dejected. I still believe we can beat relegation, with the players we have and the players we've brought in, we just need a bit of luck and for the F.A to get some decent referees.

Post-Match:

After the game I was hoping to get some Derby autographs, I managed to get some former players and the darts player Martin 'Wolfie' Adams who was there today, The Derby players didn't feel like signing that day unfortunately although I did get the 3 I was hoping to get before the game, Robbie Savage, Rob Hulse and Stephen Bywater, I missed out on Lee Hendrie and Dj Campbell, and I was also happy to get Nicky Hunt (Who should of been sent off :bugs: ) Everyone was waiting for Clough who signed for everyone there, he didn't seem too happy for some reason but he signed for everyone waiting. I got some nice autographs.

Annoyed we lost but got some nice autos

Scans:

Heath Ledger
RIP 1979-2008
DanW
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Peterborough United Fc vs Derby County Inc Martin Adams

Post by DanW »

well done Theo, glad to see you are back, its a shame there aren't many football/soccer collectors on this website like ourselves.