Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by evenjk »

thanks for the great info :D
apathyandme
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by apathyandme »

i read the info on autopen and it seems like such a waste of a machine! why use an instrument to fake signatures when it takes a mere two seconds to sign a real one? if i were a celebrity i wouldn't spend money on some robot to sign my fanmail for me. i'd either do it myself, buy preprints, or just not even reply at all, if i really didn't feel like it. i don't know, maybe it's just me, but the whole autopen thing just seems a little sad and pathetic.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

apathyandme wrote:i read the info on autopen and it seems like such a waste of a machine! why use an instrument to fake signatures when it takes a mere two seconds to sign a real one? if i were a celebrity i wouldn't spend money on some robot to sign my fanmail for me. i'd either do it myself, buy preprints, or just not even reply at all, if i really didn't feel like it. i don't know, maybe it's just me, but the whole autopen thing just seems a little sad and pathetic.
Hi apathyandme {up}

The reason some celebs use autopens is because they are just too busy to sign for the vast amount of mail they get! Some celebs do send out preprints, but that means that every fan will get the same photo each time.

The benefits of autopens are that they can be used to sign different photos, and even sign on photos that are sent in by fans. I agree, it is still not a genuine autograph, but it is not a "fake".

Fakes are autographs that are signed by people who are pretending to be a celebrity and are meant to defraud.

Most celebs who do send out autopens or preprints WILL also sign genuine autographs, but it is just a case of catching them at the right time :P

It can be disappointing to receive an autopen (or a preprint for that matter), but it is my guess that most collectors would prefer to get some response from a celebrity they admire than to simply be ignored :wink:

Just my opinion . . . .

Ian :mrgreen:
apathyandme
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by apathyandme »

yeah that makes a lot of sense. it's always great to get something back in the mail, even if it isn't genuine. though i do find the secretarial thing to be quite humourous!
dark_raider
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Nice

Post by dark_raider »

job on all the cluses. This will hep me out.
" To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in white flower, to hold infinity in the palm of your hands and eternity in an hour"
autographgirl

Another way to tell

Post by autographgirl »

Another way to tell if your autograph is real is to smell it, usually with sharpies there is a strong scent to it when smelt up close.
Allyson
:lol:
dark_raider
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Thats

Post by dark_raider »

a really good one. I'll have to remember that one {up}
" To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in white flower, to hold infinity in the palm of your hands and eternity in an hour"
Smith

Post by Smith »

John Talvota is Sec fact. Anybody that disagrees is just blind. He said years ago he did not sign TTM and it is clearly his sister signing for him. But im sure people will still believe its him signing.
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

Smith wrote:John Talvota is Sec fact. Anybody that disagrees is just blind. He said years ago he did not sign TTM and it is clearly his sister signing for him. But im sure people will still believe its him signing.
That's what I tried to say as well :P
outofrehab
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by outofrehab »

i think it is bad of celebs to send out pp, and autopens because they are cheating their fans out of an autograph, if they get loads of fanmail, they should make an effort to send out as many real autographs as they can, that way if you keep trying you will eventually get one. also i find it hard to believe that some of the celebs who send out pp ie rowan atkinson, are too busy to sign!