Hugh Jackman (not playbill) VV success!!

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
tbucfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Hugh Jackman (not playbill) VV success!!

Post by tbucfan »

if it is not a poor reflection on him as a person then what is it? the simple fact is that he is famous because of his fans. he and his family will never have to work a real job like we do simply because of his fans no other reason. it is jackmans decision to send ap's out. if he told his people to give him the stuff he wants to really sign and take care of his fans they would. they work for him. so it is a poor reflection on him as a person. i work 50 to 60 hours a week and make nothing compared to what jackman makes for acting in movies and in plays. i have spent money on his movies his dvd's magazines with him on them. the reason he is who he is is because of fans. so to not have two seconds to sign a picture or a cd cover for a fan is a poor reflection on him. the fact that craig is authentically signing from the same venue is also a poor reflection on jackman.
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

I just want to say I think we can officially agree to disagree. I think Daniel Craig (and many many others) are great people for signing TTM or VV, and I think it's dissapointing that Hugh doesn't, but I don't think it makes him (or anyone else) a bad person, or someone who doesn't care about his fans. I'm sure if I met him in person, he won't refer me to his sec to AP for me. Even though we disagree, I understand where you're comming from
Most Recently Sent: Larry King,George Foreman
Most Recent Successes: Bret Michaels, RL Stine
Most Recent In Person: Bret Michaels, Tommy Smothers Signed Give Peace A Chance Vinyl
Favorite Autographs: Chesley Sully Sullenberger AKA Pilot who landed plane on the Hudson, Kari Byron (Hot pic)
Favorite Personalization: Henry Winkler (Fonzie)
Most Authentic Successes in a day: 3, Most sends in a day: 7, RTS to date: 4 Sec's: 2, PP/AP: 18 Authentic: 92
cdunn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cdunn »

Magicdude, do you not understand what he is saying to his fans by not providing an authentic autograph when one is requested?

Fans are asking for an authentic autograph, but are not receiving one. What they ARE receiving has no value (to the individual or to the general public).

Do you honestly feel your Arnold or Akyroyd "autographs" (one is AP and one is PP) are worth anything? You wanted their real autograph, and they provided you with garbage.
My loves: Hayden Panettiere, Bar Rafaeli, Olivia Munn, Scarlett Johansson, Megan Fox & Miley Cyrus
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

I cherish my authentic autos far more than a PP or AP, however my Arnold photo is not garbage until I get an authentic one, I don't place value on objects based on it's monitary value
Most Recent In Person: Bret Michaels, Tommy Smothers Signed Give Peace A Chance Vinyl
Favorite Autographs: Chesley Sully Sullenberger AKA Pilot who landed plane on the Hudson, Kari Byron (Hot pic)
Most Authentic Successes in a day: 3, Most sends in a day: 7, RTS to date: 4 Sec's: 2, PP/AP: 18 Authentic: 92
cdunn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cdunn »

Understandable, but why would an unauthentic autograph have ANY sentimental value?
My loves: Hayden Panettiere, Bar Rafaeli, Olivia Munn, Scarlett Johansson, Megan Fox & Miley Cyrus
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

Mainly because it's been sent on behalf of that celeb, A photo which bears some form of their sig and a nice pic, if it's a star a really care about, I do still enjoy the PP and APs, however I'd still prefer authentic.
cdunn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cdunn »

Fair enough.

Well, to save you the time, just PM me a list of all of your favorite celebrities and I'll mail you preprints of their autographs ON BEHALF of them for you. That way, you can have hundreds of pictures with sentimental value.

It'll save you save you the stamps - I'm only trying to help ;)
zenbird
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by zenbird »

Just to put things in perspective:

I gave my recently acquired Wolverine/STEADY RAIN Jackman autopen to a buddy of mine who LOVES Wolverine, and he was THRILLED!

I told him the difference between real vs. autopens vs. secretarials and he said "Wow, you guys take that stuff seriously. I just think it's cool."

By 'you guys' I guess he was referring to us autograph junkies. ;)

So while I was initially honked off at having gotten yet ANOTHER autopen, the fact that it made my friend happy was worth the time and stamps. :)

Silver lining...
Not Always So.
cdunn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cdunn »

Your friend either liked it because:

1) It was free.
2) He/she didn't realize that Hugh Jackman himself never touched the picture.
3) He/she didn't spend the time/energy to try to get an authentic autograph.
DrWhoAutographs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DrWhoAutographs »

Or because to him it's a photo with Hugh Jackman's autograph on it. If I wasn't so obsessive about the hobby, I probably wouldn't mind getting autopens. It's better than nothing and it still looks nice on the photo.