writing on behalf of someone.

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
the music lives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

writing on behalf of someone.

Post by the music lives »

Has anyone had sucess requesting an autograph for someone besides themselves?

like as a gift for a family or friend?

I looked around but couldnt find any info on this..
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

Hey the music lives,

I have had a success writing to a celebrity and asking for an autograph for someone else. That celebrity was Mariska Hargitay of "Law & Order: SVU" :)

It is no different than writing a letter to a celebrity asking for an autograph for yourself. However, in the letter, you want to let them know you're writing on behalf of someone else and make sure they know the name of who the autograph is for (in case they are going to personalize it).

Here is an example of a sentence right after the intro:

"I am a huge fan of yours! However, I am really writing on behalf of my friend, ____________, who is a huge fan of yours as well."

Then you'd continue to write the letter!

Hope that helped :D

Joey {up}
the music lives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

awesome, thanks!

I was going to try the Pink Floyd adress on behalf of my dads friend.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I've done that a couple times. I had written to Rupert Grint a couple years ago on behalf of my friend and not only did he send a personalized signed photo for her, but for me as well! Same thing with David Spade as well.
the music lives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

hehe yeah thats always true too.

I'm going to be mailing some stuff off after new years, so i'll try then for my dads friend

That was so cute of Rupert to send two pix.
fbb819
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fbb819 »

I've had successes for some of my family members. I usually write and write a normal letter like what mentioned above and then say how much I would love to surprise my dad, his name, with an autographed photo of them. So far Ive been lucky and gotten all the ones I sent out for other people back. I've also asked for a photo for me and someone else before. Had luck with those as well. If the celeb you are writing is known to respond I dont think theyd mind if you asked for someone else. good luck.