sending money

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

sending money

Post by ursha »

Hey!
I was thinking about sending money instead of IRCs which are hard to get and expensive plus I never get (ok, rarely) a success.
But I heard that if you send coins letter might not get the receiver. So I'd like to know if anyone knows more about that. I know I can get 1$ bills for USA so I don't need to send coins but it's different for Canada and Europe, I'm not going to send 5€ as postage costs half of that or less and that's too much for me.
In Slovenia it doesn't matter if you send coins, they'll reach the receiver.
Thanks in advance,
Urša
RYAN J.

Re: sending money

Post by RYAN J. »

Whenever I send overseas or to any country, I include a couple of $1.00 dollar bills like you mentioned. I've had a very high-success rate too. {thumb2} Plus when the celebs get's to come to USA to film or do a premeire they have some spending chash to use on the souvenier shop or store. I wouldn't recommend using coins as they will definately put more weight in the envelope and possible damage your photos. :(

Hope that helps you!

RYAN J. 8)
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

I have never sent money with my requests but if you are thinking of sending coins, I would sticky tape them to the bottom of your letter so they dont fall out :D
Good Luck!
grobanite19
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by grobanite19 »

I wouldn't send coins. I think it could get stolen that way. You can kinda hid cash, but you can't really hid coins.