Stamps.

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
xsquatx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Stamps.

Post by xsquatx »

I have FOREVER stamps coming in.
How many should I put on the SASE? I'll be sending two 8x10 photos.
I don't care about the one I'm sending because if there is extra postage I'll just pay it up.

But I need to know how many stamps for the SASE. The celebrity may not pay the extra postage if I didn't add enough stamps..
annie985

Re: Stamps.

Post by annie985 »

Hi! Are you sending from U.S. to U.S.?

If you are and you are sending a 9X12 envelope or a 10X13 envelope then you would need to use 3 forever stamps on your SASE.

If you are having the celeb send from the U.S. to a different country then it will be more depending on where.
xsquatx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by xsquatx »

Yes I'm using US to US.
Thanks!
So use three?

Would it be better if I pay postage with my money then just use stamps on the SASE?
Cause I only have 20 forever stamps.
annie985

Post by annie985 »

If you can, I'd say use stamps. I wouldn't send cash unless you absolutely had to. That way when the celeb picks up their mail, they can just sign and drop the envelope back in the mail. They don't hav to worry about stamps. So total you would need to use 6 stamps. 3 for the one your sending to the celeb and 3 for the one you're getting back. I understand it can be costly and your book of stamps seems to go pretty quickly, but I think it gives you the best chance of getting a response if you have everything already ready and pre-stamped. Hope that helps! Any more questions, feel free to post. :D