Frustrating!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
ROB MkIX
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Frustrating!

Post by ROB MkIX »

Hi all,
Am I the only one who sometimes find this hobby frustrating? I have a list of people that I have sent photos and LORs to and some have been gone two and a half months but I have only got a couple back. What is even more frustrating is that I sent to Keeley Hawes on 25th April with no reply yet in the last week two people have received replies after only a few weeks :shock: :shock: .
I guess I have to be a bit more patient and hope my photos eventually return.

Rob
RYAN J.

Re: Frustrating!

Post by RYAN J. »

Hey ROB MkIX,

I've had this happen to me lots of times. It just depends on when the celeb get's your letter. for example I sent out a request to Teen actress Dakota Fanning and waited and waited, finally I saw some other members getting replies from requests they sent MONTHS AFTER I DID so I thought for sure mine was coming! But alas, nothing. :cry: So I figured she wasn't going to reply. FINALLY after 338 days I got a Reply!!

So patience is the key. {thumb2} Just this past week I've gotten a couple of replies that took 320(Erin Cottrell), 290(Josh Duhamel) & 347 (Drew Fuller) Days! :shock:

RYAN J. 8)
annie985

Post by annie985 »

It's all about patience. I have sent out almost 100 requests since August 2008 and have only heard back from 35. So keep waiting. I had to wait 317 days to get Larry King back when I kept reading people were getting back from him in weeks/months. Just be patient. Just try to send them and forget about it. You know what they say, "A watched pot never boils" lol. Sometimes when you're least expecting it you'll get a surprise back. For example, I sent to an actor on a German soap opera and completely forget about it. In fact when I got the envelope back I thought it was junk mail because he didn't use my SAE, but when I opened it I found three autographs from him, a hand written note and three autographs from his costar and a handwritten note from his costar. So be patient. I know it's hard!! lol, but like Ryan said, patience is key.
ROB MkIX
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ROB MkIX »

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I will just have to be patient and keep waiting, I am sure my photos will come back eventually :) . I did actually have a success today so that will keep me happy for a while.

Thanks again and happy collecting {thumb2}

Rob
stellar_fuse
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stellar_fuse »

annie985 wrote:It's all about patience. I have sent out almost 100 requests since August 2008 and have only heard back from 35.
That's about the same as me. I hope everyone gets a success this week. {up}
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

Yeah it can be frustrating but like everyone said you just need to be patient and hope you get some back and realize you may never get some back but thats just the nature of the hobby just hope for the best,I finally got 2 today after 5 weeks of nothing... {up} Well i shouldn't say nothing i did get my alexa vega autograph last week but i knew it was coming because i paid $2.50 for shipping on her website... :D
Lovett_First_Sight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lovett_First_Sight »

Sometimes I find collecting autographs frustrating, too. I can wait for months and not get anything back while some people have over a hundred successes in the year by June. What really frustrates me is when people get back replies fromcelebs I wrote to, but I don't get mine back.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

Hi there! :) I find it very frustrating sometimes as well. For example, Kellan Lutz has taken me over a month and still nothing back - where i've seen people wait a week. :neutral:
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Hello! :D
yeah sometimes this hobby can be annoying, but well worth it!
i sent like 2 photos john goodman, using the VV address and still nontin even though that alot of people has been getting successes from him. but i just be patient {up}

-Ryan 8)
xsquatx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by xsquatx »

I also collect sports cards, play video games, and go to football.
So I forget that I send sometimes. :P
When I open the mail.. I'm just like "Oh yeah! Cool!"

[ugotmail]