Thank you notes?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
annie985

Thank you notes?

Post by annie985 »

I was just wondering if anyone sent celebrities thank you notes after they've sent you their autogaphs. I've gotten letters from 2 celebrities that say "let me know when you have recieved this" recently and I was wondering if they are just being nice or if I should send them something in return. My one concern is they might preceive it to be another autograph request (the one time I did send a thank you note, the celeb sent me a second autograph).
AutoHound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Thank you notes?

Post by AutoHound »

I send thank you notes. I think something like that is never in bad taste. They probably sent you another one because they knew you would appreciate it. I am in the process of writing 4 thank you letters right now. They are to people of another country who paid the return postage to send me an autograph because I couldn't figure out IRC's, stamps, currency, etc. Yes there is the argument that it adds to their mail volume, but I never think someone would be irritated by someone being appreciative. I don't always send a note mind you, but in situations as I've mentioned, or as you have where they've said "let me know" I always send a reply.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

I don't bother sending them. Why spend the extra money when you can thank them at the end of your letter?

Khackdrums :D
grobanite19
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by grobanite19 »

If you can afford the extra stamps, I think it's a nice thing to do. I don't think you have to send a thank you note to everyone who sends you their auto, but sometimes, if it's a really special one, or somone who rarely signs, I think it's nice to send a small thank you note!
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

Personally, i've never sent out a thank you note; just because I usually thank them after my request in my first letter. {thumb2} It doesn't hurt though - it's a nice gesture and I wish i could afford to do it.
Playbiller
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Playbiller »

sunkissed08 wrote:Personally, i've never sent out a thank you note; just because I usually thank them after my request in my first letter. {thumb2} It doesn't hurt though - it's a nice gesture and I wish i could afford to do it.

I feel the same way. Collecting is a very ADDICTING and (unfortunately) very expensive habit.

If I had the money for extra postage, I'd send out a thank you note to everyone who has replied back and sent a photo, etc.

If I receive something after an email request, I am always sure to send an email thanking them.
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi! ;-)

I also never really do this - I thank them in my letter nicely so I think they already appreciate my personal letter. :D I have sent a thank you letter once before, to actor Charlie Cox, but I actually wanted to send him a gift and questionnaire too so I had reason to write again. :mrgreen: He replied thanking me back for the gift and filled out my questoinnaire with full answers! {love}

But other than that, I haven't done this so far again, as I said, I make my letters appreciative and thankful enough. :)
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -Lil1- »

Hi, {up}

I think if you recieve something special back from the celeb, like an amazing success, or a few signed photos with lovely dedications, then its worth writing back along with a 'Thank You' note. {love} Other than that, there's not really any point in including one as you can just thank them nicely in your letter, just like I do! {thumb2}

Good Luck!
-Lil1- :D
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

AutoHound wrote:I send thank you notes. I think something like that is never in bad taste. They probably sent you another one because they knew you would appreciate it. I am in the process of writing 4 thank you letters right now. They are to people of another country who paid the return postage to send me an autograph because I couldn't figure out IRC's, stamps, currency, etc.
That sounds very nice, especially if they paid for postage. {thumb2} Also, if they are lesser known then they don't get swamped by fan mail, a thank you note might actually get to them. :)
Yes there is the argument that it adds to their mail volume, but I never think someone would be irritated by someone being appreciative. I don't always send a note mind you, but in situations as I've mentioned, or as you have where they've said "let me know" I always send a reply.

Good points! I used to sent Thank You notes but haven't sent one in 2 years. Well, if it was a e-mail success then yes, I do respond to say thank you. As for thanking them for the autograph in the original letter, they HAVEN'T signed anything yet, so I just thank them for their time.

My opinion: if they asked you to respond, then by all means, respond!

BossC
Classikmetal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Classikmetal »

I only send thank you notes certain people, like if I get something extraordinary that just really needs an extra letter to them or something. Like when I got my Metallica back, it had a return address for one of their staff or whatever...so I decided just to send a quick thank you note to them. And if it is from email, most of the time I usually give a thank you note when I get it. ;)