Collectors not from the US

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Collectors not from the US

Post by sunkissed08 »

ScottJ wrote:cool thanks for that sunkissed08 :D I always kinda felt guilty not providing a photo. especially if the request is VV. I figured they wouldnt have headshots lying around to sign for people.

You are very welcome. :mrgreen: If it's VV though, then I do recommend supplying your own photo, due to the fact most celebrities don't have extra photos lying around during filming or a concert. Your letter would most likely get stuck in the piles with all the other fanmail. {down}
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi again ScottJ! ;-)

As sunkissed08 explained, there is nothing wrong with not sending a photo/item to sign. {thumb2} On the contrary, many celebrities won't sign photos sent to them and only supply their own photos. {up} So I think many feel "I have these stack of photos to send out to fans, so why not?" and remember, when sending you own photo, it actually means that a meeting has to be organized where the agent has to hand the photos sent by fans to the celebrity, and then the celebrity has to personally sign those photos too (while he/she as already pre-signed a stack of headshots). Of course, this is not the process with every celebrity, and in many cases, the agent would secretarially sign the photos sent by fans (because the celebrity has already pre-signed photos and won't come by the agency to personally sign extra photos sent by fans too - there's quite a lot of big starts who do this).

But please, not all celebrities do this, only some (such as Peter Facinelli nowadays, Shia LaBeouf, etc.). I just wanted to explain the whole "send my own photo because it's polite" vs the "celebrity already provides photos" thing. :)

I personally rarely send my own photos, only when I have to (when they don't supply their own photos). {up}
ScottJ

Post by ScottJ »

yellow wrote:Hi again ScottJ! ;-)

As sunkissed08 explained, there is nothing wrong with not sending a photo/item to sign. {thumb2} On the contrary, many celebrities won't sign photos sent to them and only supply their own photos. {up} So I think many feel "I have these stack of photos to send out to fans, so why not?" and remember, when sending you own photo, it actually means that a meeting has to be organized where the agent has to hand the photos sent by fans to the celebrity, and then the celebrity has to personally sign those photos too (while he/she as already pre-signed a stack of headshots). Of course, this is not the process with every celebrity, and in many cases, the agent would secretarially sign the photos sent by fans (because the celebrity has already pre-signed photos and won't come by the agency to personally sign extra photos sent by fans too - there's quite a lot of big starts who do this).

But please, not all celebrities do this, only some (such as Peter Facinelli nowadays, Shia LaBeouf, etc.). I just wanted to explain the whole "send my own photo because it's polite" vs the "celebrity already provides photos" thing. :)

I personally rarely send my own photos, only when I have to (when they don't supply their own photos). {up}
hi yellow :D thanks again for replying {up} thats very helpful info you gave me. thanks for taking the time to do so :D its great to know via yourself and sunkissed08 that not sending photos is ok.

Scott
Londongirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Londongirl »

Hi, im from the UK. and i was wondering what US stamps do you buy. i dont know whether to buy US airmail stamps or the other stamps.
i would really like to know what to buy. because i've been buying IRC and so far i have'nt had a success? please help.
ScottJ

Post by ScottJ »

Londongirl wrote:Hi, im from the UK. and i was wondering what US stamps do you buy. i dont know whether to buy US airmail stamps or the other stamps.
i would really like to know what to buy. because i've been buying IRC and so far i have'nt had a success? please help.

hey there :) IRC's rarely worked for me. Out of the hundreds of requests I have sent I have only gotten back maybe 5 or so with IRC's. I buy US stamps now and have gotten close to 400 requests in less than a year. i get the First Class stamps with the bells on it. 3 of them work fine for every request I send. so i buy about 600 US stamps a month.
Londongirl21
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Londongirl21 »

Thank You, ScottJ :)