email requests?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Melissa2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

email requests?

Post by Melissa2 »

Hi! I've been collecting autographs for some time now, but I've always done it via snail mail! :D I was wondering how you were suppose to get an autograph via email; do you just tell them how big of a fan you are and give them your address, etc.? I know it depends on who you're sending the email to- but what do you all usually write? Thanks!

:shock: Melissa2
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: email requests?

Post by Ryco11757 »

How i e-mail celebrity's is i just say a Short message saying what a big fan i am, no too much because they prob get like millions of message's a day, request the singed photo(request personlized if want) thank them for thier time, than put your name and address.

i Hope i Helped. {thumb2}
-Ryan 8)
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

I write e-mails just like letters with the exception that I add my address in the e-mail (right after I request the photo) instead of at the end like a letter. {thumb2}

If it is to the person's agent/manager I make it more professional, but still the basics are the same.

Hope this helped. {thumb2}

BossC
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

I write mine the same as I would write a letter through the mail. Make sure it looks professional, and don't use any internet slang. At the end I put my address and ask for an autograph, or if they would like me to send a SASE. A lot of email boxes get filled up really quick with bogus requests, so don't get your hopes up too high for receiving something. Through the mail has always seemed to work better for me.
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EastendersFan »

When i use to do it, i just requested an autograph :oops:
But i wouldnt do that. Just put what you would usually put in a letter {up}
namakemono
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by namakemono »

I just figure that a lot of the time I'm emailing through official sites/agencies and the celeb probably doesn't read it. But I always say that I'm a big fan of so and so and that I would like a signed photo from them, and always end the email with "thank you if you can help me". And of course include my address!
takying
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by takying »

As everyone said, it is just similar to TTM request.. But of course, not every celebrities will response to the message. Even if they do, try not to e-mail too frequently as the whole process could sometimes take as long as 5 months. :D

Takying
Melissa2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Melissa2 »

Thanks everyone! You all have been a very big help!! :D

:shock: Melissa2
betty*fan

Post by betty*fan »

there are some celebs who let you e-mail, like childstars but other celebs too! Good luck! :mrgreen: ;-) {up}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RIP MICHAEL JACKSON & FARRAH FAWCETT
Recent Success: {??} Jackson Rathbone {??} , Jamie Campbell Bower, Crystal Hunt, Georgia Groome vv
Recent requests: Kelly Rutherford, Ken Leung, Rachel McAdams, Jude Law vv, Taylor Swift, America Ferrera vv, Miley Cyrus vv, Dominic Cooper vv
Most Wanted: TAYLOR SWIFT {??}, Gossip Girl cast, Twilight saga cast, Emilie de Ravin, Claire Danes, Miley Cyrus, Ashley Greene, Dakota Fanning, Anna Faris, Hayden Pannetiere, Keira Knightley, Kristen Stewart, Amanda Bynes, Demi Lovato, America Ferrera, Katy Perry, Jordin Sparks, Evangeline Lilly, Jessie Cave and MORE!
Favourite Successes: {??} Jackson Rathbone {??}, Robert Pattinson, Nikki Reed, Selena Gomez vv, Channing Tatum, Rachel McAdams, Amanda Seyfriedx2, Peter Facinellix2, Sara Paxton, Alyson Stoner, Kelly Clarkson, Piper Perabo, Georgia Groome, Charlie Cox, Connor Paolox2, Jamie Campbell Bower, Jayma Mays and MORE!