Urgent Help - Trains In UK?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Urgent Help - Trains In UK?

Post by -Lil1- »

Hiya.
This is help for a fellow member: Reav

He has selected some off-peak tickets at Virgin Trains online booking system. Now with these tickets he also had to select particular trains. Does that mean that his ticket is valid ONLY on that one train and he can't use a train at a different time? As far as he knows, only Anytime tickets can do that, right?

Thanks for your help,
-Lil1- {love}
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Urgent Help - Trains In UK?

Post by osiris »

This may be too late, but Off Peak tickets are are valid for any train during the off peak period on the date shown. Basically after 9am I think, or something. The time chosen will provide him with a seat reservation, but he doesnt have to go on that train.
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

osiris wrote:This may be too late, but Off Peak tickets are are valid for any train during the off peak period on the date shown. Basically after 9am I think, or something. The time chosen will provide him with a seat reservation, but he doesnt have to go on that train.
Thanks so much! I thought as much but wasn't really sure. And the customer support at Virgin was utterly unhelpful :)
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

It should say on the ticket if its only valid at a certain time. Got my tickets from yesterday here and the actual ticket has 'valid only with reservation' printed on it, and the reservation is only valid for that one train, so I couldn't use that ticket on another train (I don't think).

If theres nothing on the ticket to say it has to be used at that time, then should be ok.