Donmar Warehouse Stage Door

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Donmar Warehouse Stage Door

Post by Reav »

Hi,
I'd like to know where does DONMAR WAREHOUSE have the stage door. On Google Maps, I was unable to find the back of the building so... :)

Thanks in advance.
TheScarletPimpernel

Re: Donmar Warehouse Stage Door

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

I've never been to the Donmar/London in general! haha, but generally, if you've never been to a theatre before:

There's the front Marquis and underneath that is the main entrance for the audience, and then there's usually a door to the left or to right where the marquis ends, and it's not a fancy door, just black/blends in with the wall. That's where the stagedoor is.

But I do know that the Donmar is unusually small, so they may even just come out the front entrance about 10 minutes after the main audience has left.

If the stars are going to stagedoor, they usually come to the front where the people will be. If they don't want to stagedoor, they exit through the back.

Even if you are not seeing the show, you could probably look around the theatre before/during the show, or if you can, ask the box office personal where it is as well.

Good luck! Is it La Cage Aux Follies playing there or ??? I know Maria Friedman performs there frequently :razz: and 'Sunday in the Park with George''s revival started there!
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

TheScarletPimpernel wrote:Good luck! Is it La Cage Aux Follies playing there or ??? I know Maria Friedman performs there frequently :razz: and 'Sunday in the Park with George''s revival started there!
La Cage aux Folles is at The Playhouse. Donmar Warehouse is currently showing A Doll's House (with Chris Eccleston, Toby Stephens & Gillian Anderson).

A friend of mine recently saw A Doll's House. They stage doored the matinee as she had brought her young nephew with her and they were both big Doctor Who fans, and though were told that they cast had already left by a back door, they waited at the front for nearly 2 hrs before Chris arrived walking towards them. They got an autograph and Chris was so chatty with her nephew that he invited them to the bar for a drink after the show! She even got to go in his dressing room & chat to Toby Stephens too. A rare priviledge, I dont think she's "come down" since lol
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

osiris wrote:A friend of mine recently saw A Doll's House. They stage doored the matinee as she had brought her young nephew with her and they were both big Doctor Who fans, and though were told that they cast had already left by a back door, they waited at the front for nearly 2 hrs before Chris arrived walking towards them. They got an autograph and Chris was so chatty with her nephew that he invited them to the bar for a drink after the show! She even got to go in his dressing room & chat to Toby Stephens too. A rare priviledge, I dont think she's "come down" since lol
Wow, that is really something! I hope I will be lucky and Chris will be in a chatty mood :) I'm going to try him before the Wednesday's evening performance and if that doesn't work out, Thursday's matinee or between matinee and evening performance.