Autograph Request Etiquite

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
waltdisneyfan1978
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Autograph Request Etiquite

Post by waltdisneyfan1978 »

Hello all.. I have a question...When requesting an autograph be it through email or snail mail what should I include in the body of the request?
osieck18
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Autograph Request Etiquite

Post by osieck18 »

You do through e-mail and all you need to put is your address and that is it. :)
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

Welcome to fanmail :mrgreen:

E-mail.
Your address & just a little bit (Maby about 2 sentences) about why your a fan.

Mail.
Your address, any movies/songs/episodes you like that he or she has been in and basically just tell the celeb why your a fan!
Remember to include a SASE {up}
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

This can sometimes be easy or hard depending on how good you are with words and creativity. When I first started collecting, my letters were HORRIBLE! I basically said: "Hi! I think you’re a great actor. What was your favorite role to play? Can you send me an autographed photo please? Thanks for reading my letter!" Pretty pathetic huh? I did get a few replies back from the letters, but not many. Now that I'm more experienced and have written literally HUNDREDS of letters so it's very easy for me to sit down and write a nice request. I start out by introducing myself (My name, my age, City and state that I live in). Then I list a few hobbies that I enjoy (Graphic Design, Watching movies, listening to my MP3 etc.) I tend not to list "Autograph Collecting" as one of my hobbies as I don't want them to get them impression that I might try and sell The signatures I'm requesting at the end of the letter (Which I don't).

After that I let them know that I enjoyed their roles In films that they've been in (I make sure and list a few titles so they know I saw them). Then I tell them that I checked out their www.IMDB.com film profile or OFFICIAL site (Make sure to put the web address if it's an official site) and tell them what I liked them most about it, and cool features that I'd like to see them add. If they have some interesting hobby or trivia that I find exciting I'll make a few comments on that too. Usually by this time I've used up the front page of my paper, so then it's onto the back side where I ask for the autograph! LOL! I typically will write it like this:

"If it's okay, I've included some photos, CD/DVD covers, Custom made cards etc. That I hope you can please personalize and sign for my collection. A SASE is enclosed as well, so you don't have to pay for return postage. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my letter. Good luck with all your upcoming projects and future success!! Sincerely, [My name]"

RYAN J. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:11 pm.