Fanmail.biz Safety Rules Proposal

Moderators' Forum.
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Fanmail.biz Safety Rules Proposal

Post by jasonw »

Hi all,

As you all know safety is a very serious matter and is a growing concern for many of us. Members, especially females have had their Fanmail, Hotmail, Gmail, MSN, eBay account hacked. Chrissy has even received a threat from Tony telling her that she should be scared as he has her address.

After consulting GMs and Mods opinions and thoughts, here are the Safety Rules we would like to see implemented.

1. Members must have a minimum of 100 posts before PM is enabled.

Many members have received threats via PM. We need to stop this and making PM only accessible to those who have 100 posts or more will help prevent it.

2. Members must have a minimum of 100 posts before being able to view User Profiles.

Tony alongside other stalkers looks up for user’s information via the User Profiles. To prevent this from happening we need to make it only possible for those with more then 100 posts to view profiles.

3. Investigation on a stricter sign up policy.

At the moment you can sign up within 30 seconds. We would like admin to investigate on a stricter sign up policy to prevent stalkers to enter the forum in the first place.

This is a very serious and immediate situation. Immdediate action is required before more accounts are hacked, and more people are upset.

Thankyou,
Jason 8)
lizane

Re: Fanmail.biz Safety Rules Proposal

Post by lizane »

Hi Jason! ;-)

I like this idea! {thumb2} I would feel more safe with this rules. :)

Thanks!
Liz
starman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by starman »

I totally agrre with these points
jasonw wrote: 3. Investigation on a stricter sign up policy.

At the moment you can sign up within 30 seconds. We would like admin to investigate on a stricter sign up policy to prevent stalkers to enter the forum in the first place.
What if we asked an email verification before the activation of the account?
Trottersfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Trottersfan »

100% agree with the above proposals!

Could we perhaps only allow one sign-up per email address? Or is that rule already active?

Rob. ;-)
shaun
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by shaun »

Totally agree with your points Jason.

But I don't really see how sign up could be made stricter though. :?
starman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by starman »

Trottersfan wrote: Could we perhaps only allow one sign-up per email address? Or is that rule already active?
Or mayebe only one account per IP address
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -Lil1- »

I agree 100%

Good job Jason!

-Lil1- :mrgreen:
jdp3577

Post by jdp3577 »

the thing is we've been asking for e mail verification at signup ever since tony started and admin wont do it.....
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

jasonw wrote: 1. Members must have a minimum of 100 posts before PM is enabled.
Many members have received threats via PM. We need to stop this and making PM only accessible to those who have 100 posts or more will help prevent it.
I like the thought but sometimes new users need more help and it is easier to communicate through Pms that posting where the whole world can see. What about just 50pm? I do realize that getting threats via pms would definately scare me, so not pming someone would be a small sacrifice.

2. Members must have a minimum of 100 posts before being able to view User Profiles.
Tony alongside other stalkers looks up for user’s information via the User Profiles. To prevent this from happening we need to make it only possible for those with more then 100 posts to view profiles.
We could get rid of user profiles altogether, but that might be a little drastic. I can't rememebr, can profiles be accessed if you aren't even logged it or if you don't even have an account?
3. Investigation on a stricter sign up policy.

Works for me. {up}

BTW: I don't like the idea of one account per IP; one per e-mail address is fine, but my sister and I both have accounts here and we share the computer.

BossC
Selise

Post by Selise »

I love the idea of having no PM's allowed until you reach 100 posts.

By the time a person has 100 posts, it proves that they're trying to participate in the forum.

For my own safety, I'd prefer it that way.