Can I use American stamps for SASE to CANADA??

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Selise

Re: Can I use American stamps for SASE to CANADA??

Post by Selise »

that's really weird that your post offices told you that!

If you're sending from Canada to the US, you need Canadian Stamps.

You could try to use a SAE with $2 USD in it for postage costs.. just a suggestion.
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
crisrooney
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by crisrooney »

thanks for all.....
really help

p.s.I am in China...I ve got some American stamps so I wonder if I can use them
Merry me , Juliet.You ll never have to be alone
This love is difficult, but it's real
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

miley cyrus fan wrote:well it depends, i know here in canada we have a stamp thats called a canadian international stamp its good for letters to send to the states and good for sending back to canada, its quite a bit more expensive then the regular domestic stamp but its definetly worth it. so if your going to get canadian stamps make sure to get these.
Uh, I think you're mistaken as there is no such thing! There are no stamps sold here that can act as USA stamps. They need to use IRCs or get USA stamps from the USA.
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

i read that wrong :oops:

The SASE has to have Canadian stamps :)
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

Larisie wrote:
miley cyrus fan wrote:well it depends, i know here in canada we have a stamp thats called a canadian international stamp its good for letters to send to the states and good for sending back to canada, its quite a bit more expensive then the regular domestic stamp but its definetly worth it. so if your going to get canadian stamps make sure to get these.
Uh, I think you're mistaken as there is no such thing! There are no stamps sold here that can act as USA stamps. They need to use IRCs or get USA stamps from the USA.
i dont know how it works to be honest with you, but ive asked enough qusteions to the lady/man at the post office counter and theyve all told me what i can and cant do so ya, im sure they know what we cant and can do because they work their. im not trying to be mean pal so sorry if i come off that way but ya ive been told its ok .
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Well then I think your post lady/man is stupid. :lol: Cuz I've been doing this hobby a LONG time and I've never EVER heard of that before. Sorry.
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Larisie wrote:Well then I think your post lady/man is stupid. :lol: Cuz I've been doing this hobby a LONG time and I've never EVER heard of that before. Sorry.
no offense taken buddy ,but its wierd thou when you think about how this works because ive always gotten my letters back without a problem theirs never been postage due or none of those issues, their have been a couple times when a celebs added a extra stamp. but in all fairness not to sound stupid(because really im not) i dont have a clue about this because the people working at the post office have told me ya its ok to do.
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

I am 100% sure there is no such thing as that stamp as i've asked before about such things and the lady there said you MUST have an IRC. Canada and the US do not have a business agreement between they're postal services. You MUST have Canadian stamps on your SASE to send to the USA, and US stamps to send to Canada.

Canada Post says nothing about this stamp.

The post offices in each country would need to have an agreement with each other allowing them to sell the stamps and therefore make a profit off their postal services. Seeing as how the Canadian postal service is always in debt i can't see them doing that at all.

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Could the "Canadian International Stamp" BE an IRC? The description given sounds like one. Or are you actually sticking it to your SASE?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

like i already mentioned i dont know the exact name of what i use its a stamp thats it and its proper postage thats all i know.

and i guess ill just stick to whatever im using when i send even thou i dont know the name of it, because it works as valid postage and thats all that matters. again im not trying to offend any of you guys but sorry if i am. because i know your just trying to be helpfull and i apreciate the help.