ANOTHER ROBIN WILLIAMS SUCCESSES

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
mymymy

ANOTHER ROBIN WILLIAMS SUCCESSES

Post by mymymy »

This opportunity was to good to pass up - I mean when will Robin ever perform in London again?

There were hauds of dealers but lukily Robin signed for everyone as usual. Some dealers I saw got 5 10x8's each some of which I saw on Wednesday and Thursday getting just as many so were getting 15-20 at least over his stay here - greedy(they will be on ebay now most likely)

Anyway I didnt consider myself to be greedy. Yes I got 5 autos altogether but I will treasure them forever and never sell them.

Robin kindly signed another Mrs Doubtfire pic which is my favourite film of his and a pic I had cropped from the one I had taken with him - i think its a lovely pic of him.

I still cant really get over that I shook his hand and was that close to my idol! WOW!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh31 ... img016.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh31 ... img017.jpg
Mr Kennedy

Re: ANOTHER ROBIN WILLIAMS SUCCESSES

Post by Mr Kennedy »

Great success, but you can't call the dealers greedy when they're doing their job!
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

I get your point but it is unfair on true fans. If it wasnt Robin who signed for everyone lots of people would have left very dissapointed. I dont hate dealers but I dont like how they barge through to the front of crowds of people who have been waiting patiently for hours. I think it is this behaviour that gives them their bad name.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

mymymy wrote:I get your point but it is unfair on true fans. If it wasnt Robin who signed for everyone lots of people would have left very dissapointed. I dont hate dealers but I dont like how they barge through to the front of crowds of people who have been waiting patiently for hours. I think it is this behaviour that gives them their bad name.
I can see your point, but unfortunately those who wait "politely" seem to miss out a lot more than the "rude" ones (not just dealers). I dont agree with it, but it gets results, which is why they do it.

Out of interest, how many people were there waiting? And how longs he there for?
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

In the end there was about 40 I say. He arrived at 6.45 for a 8pm show and signed for 20 minutes at least. Tonight is his last show so the only way to get him at the theatre is if you are within 30 minutes walking distance. Im so happy I took advantage of this amazing opportunity. It feels weird now ive got my NO1 want - it doesnt feel as fullfilling as I thought it would. I think its because at the end of the day celebs are just human. In all honesty I still dont believe I got him - still in a bit of a shock.
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

I dont want to go on but another reason get bugged by dealers is because some celebs see thier autos on sites such as ebay and then no longer sign. Classic examples include Roger Moore and Sean Connery who said he doesnt like people making money from him when he doesnt see any return. This is happening more and more, often where people are declined or say Im going to have to make this out to you, the later is fine with me it isnt a nice feeling when they are only dedicating to protect it from being sold but you prefer it like that anyway.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

mymymy wrote:I dont want to go on but another reason get bugged by dealers is because some celebs see thier autos on sites such as ebay and then no longer sign. Classic examples include Roger Moore and Sean Connery who said he doesnt like people making money from him when he doesnt see any return. This is happening more and more, often where people are declined or say Im going to have to make this out to you, the later is fine with me it isnt a nice feeling when they are only dedicating to protect it from being sold but you prefer it like that anyway.
Roger Moore doesnt sign basically because of ebay, but Connery just doesnt like doing anything if he doesnt get paid for it, can't blame ebay for grumpy old Connery. But yeah a lot of stars do seem to stop signing because of people cashing in on them.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:53 pm.