sold first item for auction

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
PleaseSignHereX________
$10 gift certificate winner

sold first item for auction

Post by PleaseSignHereX________ »

sold the first item for auction $35.00 wa the cd rom with cal ripken autograph on it. item goes for a few bucks more but i wante to be fair as well still make on it since its for amanda.
so sold it for 35.00 cal ripken and bill ripken autograph cd rom with a c.o.a

i get things all the time and update the site everytime so ther is always new stuff. i am waiting to get the autograph hockey puck from the pitts penguins. thats gonna be cool to auction off with the help from a local radio station krz because people around here are crazy over them and i faxed a letter to them and they agreed to it so im waiting for that as well.
Auction 4 Amanda is setup to help raise the much needed funds for Amanda Kachmarsky who was very seriosly injuried 1 year ago that had left her in a coma and with brain damage and injuries. This will help her and her family with the medical exspense that occured
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Stephanie :)

Congratulations for your first item sold {up}

Fanmail 8)

PS: your link http://www.ibidfree.com/active_auctions ... r_id=12265
does not work here :(

hey

Post by guest »

i just clicked on it and it took me right to it
James

Post by James »

It didn't work for me either.

James {down}
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Didn't work for me last week either. Checked again today and it still doesn't work :x

It just says:
Technical Difficulties. Please try back later!
Ian :wink:
James

Post by James »

Thats what it says for me
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ian,

Do you think that ebay.com is the best site for online charity auctions? even if there are fees.

Fanmail 8)
TheCollector

Hi Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Admin {up}

I think when you have limited number of items to auction like PleaseSignHereX________ currently has then Ebay is probably the best place to sell for the maximum profit.

As you all know, I sold a couple of auction bits earlier in the year, and if it hadn't been for Ebay it would have been very difficult.

I know that Ebay do charge, but the fees are pretty minute for the potential exposure the items would get. In reality the listings fee for a $50 sale would only be a couple of dollars at most. I don't think any charity would complain about covering the sales costs from the proceeds made.

After all, I have checked on PleaseSignHereX________'s website several times, and it never seems to be working, and if people can't see your goods then you don't have much hope of selling them.

For what it's worth, my advice is to use Ebay for smaller lots.

Ian :mrgreen:
James

Post by James »

Hi Ian,

I read in the newspaper today that from soon if you can prove that you are a charity seller then all of the fees that eBay gets then they will donate them to the charity you are working for.

Hope this helps,
James
stephanie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stephanie »

GUYS DOES THIS LINK WORK?
http://www.freewebs.com/auction4amanda/index.htm
WHAT DOES EBAY COST O STAR A STORE UP AND RUNNING?