sending from usa to uk

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

sending from usa to uk

Post by sunkissed08 »

i've sent 3 SASE's to the UK from the US, and i didn't include an IRC. on the SASE i just put two stamps. do you all think i'll be fine? i hope so :neutral:
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
lizane

Re: sending from usa to uk

Post by lizane »

Hey sunkissed08! ;)

That should be fine, how big is the SASE's and what type of UK stamps did you use? :) Also, don't worry too much about SASE's to the UK, unlike most US agencies, celebrities in the UK usually add extra postage if it's not enough. {thumb2} Last week I got an autograph from British actor Dominic Cooper - I sent only a SAE (due to the fact that I was out of UK stamps :( ) and a nice letter to him and he replied with my SAE and payed for postage. {love} That's only one of many experiences I've had with UK stars, some didn't even use my SASE! :shock: But bottom line is that I always try to pay for postage, not because it's the right thing to do but because I love these celebrities and I'd do it with pleasure. :mrgreen:

Good luck sunkissed08 & let us know when you get a reply! :D
zanne
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Do you mean you put US stamps on the SASE? Or UK? As Zanne said, sometimes UK agencies will put stamps on for you, other times they wont. US ones obviously wont work, and if you put not enough UK stamps on you may have the same problem, but you may find the agency helps you out if you're lucky :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

thanks so much for the replies! ;-) zanne, that's awesome that you got a reply from just a SAE {thumb2} but i put US stamps on the SASE :neutral: is that bad?
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

US stamps won't work from UK to US. You'll have to hope the person you're writing to is a generous soul and will add postage for you :) (maybe even returning your SASE).
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Selise

Post by Selise »

US stamps won't work as postage from the UK to the US. Hopefully someone will use another envelope for you and put UK postage on it. (and return your SASE)
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

ahh bummer! i suck. thanks guys so much for your help. i wrote to robert pattinson, ed westwick, emma bunton, and geri halliwell so i hope they're all nice enough to cover postage :neutral:
lizane

Post by lizane »

sunkissed08 wrote:ahh bummer! i suck. thanks guys so much for your help. i wrote to robert pattinson, ed westwick, emma bunton, and geri halliwell so i hope they're all nice enough to cover postage :neutral:
Hey again sunkissed08! ;-)

I know that at least Rob Pattinson and Ed Westwick have added/paid extra postage in the past. {thumb2} Rob sent me his own enevlope (on which he wrote my address) and paid for postage, while Ed's mail got forwarded to him in the US so he added US postage. :)

So don't lose hope, good luck sunkissed08!! {up}
zanne
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

I always use IRC's because you never know when postage rates go up in other countries. The cost of IRC's have gone up quite a lot over the last few years. When I can find them I usually buy about 20 and have them for a while. They're good to have around just in case.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

^ while that's true, both America and Britain have stamps that never go up in value. Well, rather if you buy a 1st class stamp in UK or a Forever stamp in US, even if the cost of buying them goes up, so will the value of the stamp itself :) They don't have monetary values printed on them.