MICHAEL J FOX - help please

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
mymymy

MICHAEL J FOX - help please

Post by mymymy »

Back in the day when I bought autographs which I no longer do I purchased this Michael J Fox signed photo. It was on ebay (yes I know) but it had a proof photo which I no means nothing but the photo showed the him signing the photo that I bought or at least thought I had. I now know even proof photos arent a guarantee as they can show the photo just lie yours being signed and then may sell you the smae photo but with a fake signature. ANyway I still havent given up on this one otherwise it would be in the bin and wondered what you thought. It was sold as in person if this helps. I think with authenticating Michaels autos are so hard as he has parkinsons. The sig has parts where it looks like it has stopped and started but not like a blatant forgery does.

Anyway your opinions would be greatly appreciatted. Thank you in advance.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh31 ... 0009-1.jpg
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: MICHAEL J FOX - help please

Post by guilder1st »

Do you remember about how much you payed for it, and about when did they say it was signed?
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

I dont recall them saying WHERE but somewhere in the USA. It was around £35. Unless I know soemone signature well I never used to but there autographs but it was just because the proof photo clearly had that same photo being signed by him that I got it.
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

Actually I asked WHEN not where. As in about what year? ;-) If they didn't tell you that, WHEN did you purchase it.
His signature from the last few years as opposed his signature 10 years back is a bit different, that's why I asked.
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Oh Sorry.

I bought it about a year ago so probably signed a bit before that - maybe a few months. It was actually the last auto I ever bought.
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

Ok, I am a little cautious here but going on your information and comparing it to a few different known authentics from Michael I think it's a pretty good chance yours is authentic.
Michael's autograph is pretty hard to forge really and forgeries are usually pretty easy to spot. Comparing it to some of his signed books, yours does look a little rushed, but most in persons are.
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Thanks. Could you please show me these examples of signed books

thank you
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

I found this different seller on ebay who are currently selling an in person Michael J Fox signed photo and the sig looks very similar to mine. I feel fairly confident mine is infact authentic all though i will never really know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-J-FOX-STUAR ... otohosting