Proper Way To Respond To A Feedback Post

Moderators' Forum.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Proper Way To Respond To A Feedback Post

Post by rpbluesman »

It has occured to me that we may need a crash coarse in Feedback Replies.

I'm not sure who's doing it off the top of my head, but there are a few moderators and many trainees that reply awfully rude to members who don't post the required address and dates in their posts. Many of the members posting feedback are new and unfamilliar with the procedures. One such example of something that you may find is a post like this
Sent SASE and Letter and I got this nice personalized 8x10 autographed by Mr. Doe
This is the proper way to reply to a member that does not post all the information that they should

Hi (Member's username goes here) :)

Thanks for the feedback

Would you happen to have a scan of the picture and envelope you received? If so, you'd be in the run for the $10 allposters.com gift certificate.

To which address did you send your request? :D
And do you happen to have the sent/received dates of your success as well? ;-)

Thanks
(Your name or username here)

Obviously change the form as appropriate but use the general format. [xmastree]
Peyton

Re: Proper Way To Respond To A Feedback Post

Post by Peyton »

Why is this also posted in the TM forum? I thought entering people into the $10 race was for moderators. :?
We discussed this: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 18&t=76182 <<arrow$

Peyton

EDIT: As Carmelo15 said this,
Just wondering, if they can't put people into the $10 allposters.com certificate, what's the point of them doing it?
[agree]
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Ive only noticed TMs doing it rudely/wrongly, and seeing as they shouldnt be doing it anyway, it seems the simplest route is to make a thread in the TM forum them to stop it. Its not part of their "job", and they have no reason/need to do it.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Ive just seen the sticky in the TM forum, why is that there? Its not part of the TMs job to do that is it? :neutral:
Peyton

Post by Peyton »

That's what I am wondering, too. :?
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

I put it there because while they can't enter people into the drawing, I think it's a good idea for them to see how they should post and such for when they become moderators.

But I see many TMs posting rude remarks instead of posting like they should.....so I posted the sticky there too.

I'll edit the sticky a bit...
Peyton

Post by Peyton »

Ohh, OK. Thanks.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

hii :D i'm new at this, but how do we link to the celebrity's name?
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

sunkissed08 wrote:hii :D i'm new at this, but how do we link to the celebrity's name?
PM admin and ask him about the Moderator toolbar or whatever it's called (I can't remember at the moment) but it's how you'll add people into the draw. It'll basically give a code of sorts that you copy and paste. :)
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

glücklich wrote:
sunkissed08 wrote:hii :D i'm new at this, but how do we link to the celebrity's name?
PM admin and ask him about the Moderator toolbar or whatever it's called (I can't remember at the moment) but it's how you'll add people into the draw. It'll basically give a code of sorts that you copy and paste. :)

thanks for all your help, with everything. {??} :D
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.