Fake autographs in "2008 Futera World Football"???

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
superbrandon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Fake autographs in "2008 Futera World Football"???

Post by superbrandon »

Is that possible these football autographs are fake. they look nothing like in person one, i think even secretaries do better than these autos.

What's your opinion?

photos here (just some examples):

Madina
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Fake autographs in "2008 Futera World Football"???

Post by Madina »

Oh they look so bad!! Not one IMO looks genuine, the Beckham, Keane, Kaka and Van Niestelrooy ones were so lame it is laughable. You are right, the secreterials do look better than these
cr7
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cr7 »

Avoid these, I'm pretty certain that they are fake however I am not too sure if people are making these themselves or if they really are from the company.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

I remember discussing these a while back, they're hilariously bad. I'm of the impression eBay is being flooded with fake versions of the cards, hence the (obviously) fake autographs. A few months ago the majority were being sold from the far east, I'm assuming thats still the case?
andrew653
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by andrew653 »

I feel tight on anyone who is getting ripped off believing these are authentic because they are not selling cheap. Some have got buy it now price's of £200 on ebay -->> http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... d+Football

I am not too sure if these one's on ebay are authentic though.
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Andy316 wrote:I'm of the impression eBay is being flooded with fake versions of the cards, hence the (obviously) fake autographs. A few months ago the majority were being sold from the far east, I'm assuming thats still the case?
Oh really, people can fake the Futera cards? Well, i think maybe it's same when people can make fake ID cards...

Yes, there are many cards sold in Hong Kong...but this is not a reason to say it is fake, basically anyone who has money can buy the Futera card from UK. I hope you are not saying the cards from far east are all fake, and the ones in UK and US are genuine.
Never Give Up!
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

superletterfan wrote:
Andy316 wrote:I'm of the impression eBay is being flooded with fake versions of the cards, hence the (obviously) fake autographs. A few months ago the majority were being sold from the far east, I'm assuming thats still the case?
Oh really, people can fake the Futera cards? Well, i think maybe it's same when people can make fake ID cards...

Yes, there are many cards sold in Hong Kong...but this is not a reason to say it is fake, basically anyone who has money can buy the Futera card from UK. I hope you are not saying the cards from far east are all fake, and the ones in UK and US are genuine.
I wasnt saying that "far east = fake and uk/us = real", far from it. I just made a point that a few months ago the majority of the dodgy looking autographs were for sale from locations in the far east. Same thing for fake football shirts, its where the majority come from. Again, not saying ALL, just the majority.
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

There are only supplies when there are demands.

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

hi Guys,
i got interesting answer from FUTERA official, this is their Email reply to me.

"
Dear XXX

Thank you for your email which was forwarded to our research department.

Whilst we can not guarantee 100% that these cards are genuine without seeing them ourselves, from the photographs that you have sent, these cards look perfectly alright and the autographs have been checked and we do not have any queries over those.

For your peace of mind, our researcher has sent you pictures of these player autographs from third party collector items and you will see their autographs are signed in the same way.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Best regards,

Paul
"

and then, guess what, they have sent me 20 attached pictures of autographs, their examples are all from Ebay fake (most of them, they all have ebay symbol on the right coner). Just make me laugh....these guys are professional? Emmmmmm...not really.
Never Give Up!
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

''These cards look perfectly alright''?!

Not to be horribly rude, but are they sick in their heads?! These autographs are laughable, and so ridiculously fake. As a company they're as unprofessional as they come.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger