Help with the Cardbord please

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Help with the Cardbord please

Post by fan0258 »

Hey guys,

I was wondering, do I have to include a cardboard in the envelope? I mean if I don't include a cardboard I might not get a reply or it doesn't matter if I include it or not?

Thanks!
KellyMBel
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by KellyMBel »

Including cardboard definitaly DOES NOT increase or decrease the chances of getting a reply. I would at least write DO NOT BEND on the envelope. If you choose to do neither, its your loss, because you could end of w/ a bent picture.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Including a piece of cardboard in with your envelope reduces the chance of your photo being bent or creased.

To do so, send your letter in an envelope with the piece of cardboard inside. Fold your SASE and put that in the envelope (write Do not Bend on the envelope). When the recipient sends back a reply, they should (hopefully) include the piece of cardboard in your SASE to stop the photo from bending/creasing.

Best of luck with your collecting! :D
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

If you are sending a photo that you really like then you might want to put in some cardboard but I think I have only done that once.
kat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kat »

I include a piece of cardboard when sending my requests. I put the cardboard into my return envelope 9X12 and put that into the mailing envelope 10x13. This way all the person I am writing to has to do is slip the photo into the envelope 9x12 which already has the cardboard inside. I think if you fold your return envelope you will have a higher chance of the postman bending it because at a glance it has already been bent.

I wish everyone success and no bent returns :D :D
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

I think if you fold your return envelope you will have a higher chance of the postman bending it because at a glance it has already been bent.
If you have sent a piece of cardboard in with your letter, it is most likely that the piece of cardboard will be placed in with your SASE when it is sent back to you. The postman may try to bend it, but will realise that there is a piece of cardboard inside and will thereby be unable to bend it.

Good luck with your collecting. :)
jdp3577

Post by jdp3577 »

nowandagain wrote:
I think if you fold your return envelope you will have a higher chance of the postman bending it because at a glance it has already been bent.
If you have sent a piece of cardboard in with your letter, it is most likely that the piece of cardboard will be placed in with your SASE when it is sent back to you. The postman may try to bend it, but will realise that there is a piece of cardboard inside and will thereby be unable to bend it.

Good luck with your collecting. :)
umm youve lost me, if you send a peice of cardboard large enough to keep your sase from being bent on the way back to you, then why would you need to fold it to send it in the first place?
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

umm youve lost me, if you send a peice of cardboard large enough to keep your sase from being bent on the way back to you, then why would you need to fold it to send it in the first place?
What I do is have one envelope addressed to whomever I'm sending it to, and one SASE.

I place a piece of cardboard inside the envelope addressed to whom I'm sending it to, as well as my letter.

I then fold the SASE and put that inside the other envelope. Thereby, when whomever you've sent the letter to wants to send a reply, they use the SASE and put the piece of cardboard from the original envelope into the SASE to stop it and any contents bending.

Hope I've made myself a bit clearer. Good luck with your collecting 8)
jdp3577

Post by jdp3577 »

but what Im saying is why noy just put the cardboard in your sase and put your sase in the envlope your sending out? no folding needed
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

but what Im saying is why noy just put the cardboard in your sase and put your sase in the envlope your sending out? no folding needed
Of course, there is no problem in having your cardboard in the SASE in the first place. You just have to make sure that the SASE fits in your envelope properly.

It's just that I use two envelopes of the same size, and since my piece of cardboard is about the size of the envelope it's difficult to fit them in one after the other. That is why I fold my SASE in half and have the cardboard in the original envelope. It still works fine for me, as when I do get a letter back the cardboard is in the SASE and the photo isn't bent.

Hope this clarifies things. Good luck with your collecting. :D