Fanmail.biz Celebdaq

Vote for your favorite characters / TV Shows...
Thumper

Fanmail.biz Celebdaq

Post by Thumper »

I've seen this go down very well on another forum, so I thought I might try it here!

I thought we could start a league on http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq, and see who wins.

If you're interested in this, please sign up, preferably with your username (Mine's Penguinsaurus, please don't ask) and PM me with your username and the ID number next to it on your portfolio. I've set up a league, and we can see who's the best!

How To Play
CELEBDAQ is a celebrity stock exchange game. Instead of shares in companies you buy shares in celebrities. To play you have to sign up. Once you're signed up we'll give you a cool ten thousand pounds (that's Celebdaq pounds, not real cash!).

The aim of the game: to make as much profit as you can by buying and selling 'shares' in listed celebrities. The person with the highest weekly percentage gain is crowned Top Trader.

HOW CAN YOU MAKE MONEY?

1) Dividends: Every day we count how much press coverage each celeb gets. Then on Friday the shares you own will pay out a dividend, depending on how much press coverage those celebrities received. The more press coverage a celeb gets, the more money you make. To get the full pay-out you have to own the celeb from Monday to Friday.

2) Capital Gains: Just like in the real world, share prices rise and fall as demand for them changes - so as well as receiving dividends, you can make money by day-trading and buying low (when demand for a specific celeb is low) and selling high (as the celeb gets more press coverage and the demand for them increases). Prices are updated every 20 minutes so you can make or lose money on a celeb very quickly.

WHERE TO START?

1) First, create your membership and sign up (see below).

2) Once you're registered, the best place to start is My Portfolio which is where you can begin buying and selling celebrity shares.

3) Keep one eye on the market and the other on the entertainment press, and you could soon be raking it in!
Existing accounts are welcome!

Any questions, feel free to ask

Thumper :mrgreen:
lizane

Re: Fanmail.biz Celebdaq

Post by lizane »

Hello Sarah! ;-)

Wow, what a brilliant idea and an awesome game! :mrgreen: {clap} I have bussiness studies as a subject at school but other than that, I do not know too much about shares! :lol: Also, my marks aren't that great... :roll: But I signed up anyways - I'm Ennazil, yup, you can figure out what that means, not too hard! {thumb2}

Thank you so much for this cool idea, Sarah! :mrgreen:
Lizanne
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

We did this business studies at school, but we didn't actually work very hard at all.
The lessons revolved around cookies and dancing bananas on our backgrounds :)

Please could you post the number next to your username on "My Portfolio"

Cheers
S :mrgreen:
Cheese
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cheese »

I'll join :mrgreen:

I'll e-mail the number to me, looks quite good from what you showed me today.

Dunc

By the way, thumper says that if you want to join, PM me. :)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

I've joined :) I used to play ages ago but not properly. I'm Blue0siris (User ID: 4117334). (that's 0siris with a zero, not an O).
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.