This Forum Is In Free-Fall

Trash
Chrissy

Re: This Forum Is In Free-Fall

Post by Chrissy »

cernan wrote:Frankly I'm getting quite sick of everything as well, not to mention being bombarded with PM's by Manu asking me to ban this member and that member...

Manu said something to be about Ian leaving because Admin doesn't know how to manage a forum.

Don't know if there's an ounce worth or pound worth of truth in that statement...
I don't know if Ian would openly say something like that behind admins back, so i'm not believing Manu anymore. He's getting very power hungry on this board and i'm getting annoyed and sick of having to open 10+ pms a day about the same thing.

We need to do a major clean up. I can't even recognize the board anymore.

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Ian has toldme as well that he will likely leave, for whatever reason...I don't know.

Not to mention Dallas and Andy are ready to walk as well. Probably a great deal mroe are wanteing to leave as well.

We can only bring these issues up...only admin can rectify them. If he chooses not to then it'll be his ghost forum.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi everyone :)
rpbluesman wrote:More and more problems keep coming up and little is being done about them. Why is it that a member can make death threats from multiple accounts without an IP ban? That seems to be good enough grounds for an IP ban. If we lose one or two legit users in the process, oh well. Better not to have a death threat maker around
Sorry rpbluesman, it has already been discussed here 2 or 3 times, IP ban is not a solution :? It could ban hundreds of persons for one single troublemaker :?
Why can members be permitted to have multiple accounts? I still see no purpose. Especially TMs having mutiple TM accounts.
It has also already been discussed several times. Multiple accounts are allowed.
Why are there so many TMs that will never become a moderator still in the ranks? Why can't we set a limit to maybe like 5 TMs per team or something?
Each Global Moderators (Team Leaders) are free to do what they want with their TM, M. There is no need for new rules
There are more issues, but these are probably my main ones. This forum in my opinion is seemingly going from bad to worse with little if anything being done about it.
Comments? SUggestions?
The message board is very popular. Last time we did a forum inspection everything seemed to run very smoothly and efficiently :neutral:

Fanmail 8)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Exactly. Being allowed to return under a different name defeats the purpose of banning, which is why IP bans are much more efficient. The death threats (Fred West thing) are getting out of control. It is ridiculous how the user can just come back under a different, inappropriate name, and nothing is done about it. Death threats are not something to joke about; it should be taken seriously. We have young users here on the forums, and if they are being threatened, it is very likely that they will start leaving, and thus, the number of members on this board will decrease (which, I think, is what Admin would NOT want).
Personal example? My sister has told me how disappointed she is with the forum. She used to LOVE it, but now she thinks it is a total mess. Don't get me wrong.. she still loves collecting autographs; she is just displeased with this forum.
This member has been banned a few days ago.

Fanmail :neutral:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chrissy wrote:I absolutely agree!!!

It's not only a problem with the TM's, there is a HUGE problem with the moderators on this forum. A lot of them are making false accusations and bombarding other global moderators with their undercover dirt. I'm sorry but i have my beliefs that a few moderators should be demoted for their lack of respect and what they are doing behind everyone's backs.

We need to do a major clean up!

Chrissy
I agree. They are probably the real troublemakers on the message board :neutral:
If they keep making false accusations, give them a warning and if it happens again PM me, i will ban him/her.

Fanmail 8)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rpbluesman wrote:Change has to be made here and now, or else the forum is going to collapse in on itself and will inevitably be forced to close.
Absolutely not :lol:
rpbluesman wrote:First thing I suggest is to get rid of all the TMs. Unfair or not, it HAS TO BE DONE. We can reselect any TMs who we think were legitimate candidates for moderators. All the rest, well they can reapply if they want to show a better upholding of rules.
If you are not happy with your Moderators / Trainee Moderators, you can get ride of them. It's your team :neutral: It would be so unfair for them :(
Along the same line is to make it so that each GM team carries only about 2-3 TMs at any one time. That way we can focus more on the TMs individually and be better suited to demoting/promoting them.
You are a Global Moderator. You do not need my permission to do it.
Duplicate accounts need to be done away with. I can see no beneficial purpose of them to the forums and for them to be allowed does hurt the board as a whole, especially when some of our TMs can have multiple TM accounts. What honest good is that going to do? Can anyone tell me?
See my previous post :neutral:
Banned members are another thing too. Why is it that a member can be banned, come back under a different name, and simply resume his/her antics under a different name. If I recall correctly there are a # of these instances that have been brought up to no avail. One such matter is with Shambler / The Evening Optimist. Ignoring the fact that it's a duplicate account, why can a banned member be permitted to come back to the boards and resume his antics?
Also along with banned members is the act of banning them itself. Problem members need an IP ban. There's no other way around it. If a member makes death threats, they need to be banned by way of IP and not simply put on an ignore list. Police don't ignore you if you make a death threat in public, so why should we do otherwise?
See my previous posts :neutral:
This forum is in a state of chaos, and partly because nothing is being done to help the forum. Moderators are going to start leaving...I can name at least 3 off the top of my head right now. Dallas, Andy316, and TheCollector have all expressed their extreme dissatisfaction with the way the site has turned and all have said they will likely leave if nothing is done. I wouldn't be surprised if more moderators spoke up with their desires to leave.
If Dallas and Andy316 want to be demoted, i will demote them :neutral: They just have to PM me.
When I first joined this site, things were much simpler. Even when I became a moderator things were much simpler. Now it's just turmoil and nothing is being done or even considered to rectify the situations.
I do not agree Daniel. Things are as simple as before. They just have to PM me or a Global Moderator. How could it be more simple? ;-)

Fanmail 8)
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Sorry rpbluesman, it has already been discussed here 2 or 3 times, IP ban is not a solution :? It could ban hundreds of persons for one single troublemaker :?
But why not consider the option in the serious cases? You're saying that trouble makers are allowed to walk freely around the forum. Perhaps consider the option when no one shares the IP.
It has also already been discussed several times. Multiple accounts are allowed.
That still doesn't explain why. I know they're allowed, the issue we're all having is why?
Each Global Moderators (Team Leaders) are free to do what they want with their TM, M. There is no need for new rules
Funny, because at least 99% of the moderators and Globals would disagree with you there
The message board is very popular. Last time we did a forum inspection everything seemed to run very smoothly and efficiently :neutral:
The forum inspections just show that the forums themselves are run ok. They don't mention the problem members or other problems with the site. As Andy put it, you seem to be more concerned about the member count than protecting the good and legitimate members that we have.
If you are not happy with your Moderators / Trainee Moderators, you can get ride of them. It's your team :neutral: It would be so unfair for them :(
It's not my TMs personally, it's the whole system. ANd as I previously stated, almost every other Mod will agree with me. As for being unfair...I don't think so. If they aren;t going to make it anyway, why should itmatter. I'm saying that we wipe all the TMs, and then each Global mod can select say 2-4 of the good, legitimate candidates to bring back into the fold. I see no problems with that whatsoever. It happens all the time in the real world.
rpbluesman wrote:Banned members are another thing too. Why is it that a member can be banned, come back under a different name, and simply resume his/her antics under a different name. If I recall correctly there are a # of these instances that have been brought up to no avail. One such matter is with Shambler / The Evening Optimist. Ignoring the fact that it's a duplicate account, why can a banned member be permitted to come back to the boards and resume his antics?
That doesn't explain anything. Why can a banned member be allowed to come back under as many different names as they want? That really defeats the purpose of the ban in the first place.
If Dallas and Andy316 want to be demoted, i will demote them :neutral: They just have to PM me.
That's making light of the reason why. It's not as if they're just tired of moderator duties, they're tired of the way this forum is turning out, and to be blunt...I don't understand why it isn't clear to you. You've got 99% of the moderators and Globals stating that things need to be done, and yet you are unopen to even the idea of change, let alone actually doing it.
I do not agree Daniel. Things are as simple as before. They just have to PM me or a Global Moderator. How could it be more simple? ;-)
By not having an endless # of Trainees....by not having banned members returning....by not having people with 3,4,5 accounts with nothing being done....I can go on.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

But why not consider the option in the serious cases? You're saying that trouble makers are allowed to walk freely around the forum. Perhaps consider the option when no one shares the IP
When no one else share the IP address, it's easy :) We just have to ban his IP address. Unfortunately we do not have the information :neutral: Most of the time the IP address is shared by hundreds thousands of people.

Fanmail 8)
cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

We could obtain the IP Address, however, if there wasn't a chatbox and if there was a 10-20 post limit before sending PM's. :neutral:
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cernan wrote:if there was a 10-20 post limit before sending PM's. :neutral:
This MOD will be installed ASAP :)

Fanmail 8)