it is really important to put an IRC?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
carmela_cruz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

it is really important to put an IRC?

Post by carmela_cruz »

well i live in philippines and i really really {??} to write letters... but i really don't have IRC or i don't know what it is but even thou i don't have IRC or SASE i always got a reply!
lizane

Re: it is really important to put an IRC?

Post by lizane »

Hi! ;)
Sending an IRC not only increases your chance of getting a reply, but it's also polite to pay for postage because you want something from someone. Mabey you can trade with others here for an IRC.
Good luck,
Lizanne :)
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Even though sending an IRC increases your chances of a reply, I suppose you could say that they're not necessary. Although I'd make an effort to send them with any international requests you send out, there are stars that don't require them. And even if you're not sure about whether or not the star needs them, just put a note in your letter saying that you would have sent an IRC but your post office doesn't have them. That's the way my Post Office is. Some stars will understand and go ahead and pay the postage.
seamus
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by seamus »

I THINK-NO..BECAUSE I ALWAYS SEND MY LETTERS WITHOUT IRC AND USUALLY,I GET REPLY :D
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Yes I know that, about the post office {down} sometimes thay ran out.

But lets be honest, we are first of all asking for a free autograph, thay are then kind enough to give it, then we are not willing to pay postage.

Wither a celeb, ask for postage or not, it's certainly good manners to pay. Remember it's not just about us, it's about everyone else, and if we did not pay postage, then thay could stop signing altogether {down} {down}

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Atomic ant wrote:But lets be honest, we are first of all asking for a free autograph, thay are then kind enough to give it, then we are not willing to pay postage.
Some post offices don't carry IRCs at all. And for some of us, that means a 30 minute drive (using up expensive gas) to get there, and then another gas guzzling 30 minute trip back.
Atomic ant wrote:Wither a celeb, ask for postage or not, it's certainly good manners to pay. Remember it's not just about us, it's about everyone else, and if we did not pay postage, then thay could stop signing altogether {down} {down}
I agree that it's polite to send the IRCs, and I recommend doing so if it's not an extreme inconvenience to do so.
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Personally I never use IRC's as I don't have much money haha! But I try be polite in the fact that I at least include an s.a.e. So far I've had nothing but success.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
carmela_cruz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carmela_cruz »

Even though sending an IRC increases your chances of a reply, I suppose you could say that they're not necessary. Although I'd make an effort to send them with any international requests you send out, there are stars that don't require them. And even if you're not sure about whether or not the star needs them, just put a note in your letter saying that you would have sent an IRC but your post office doesn't have them. That's the way my Post Office is. Some stars will understand and go ahead and pay the postage.
thank you so much for ur advice! yes i will write a note next time saying that; I would have sent an IRC but our post office doesn't have it!

i also want to thank for those people who replied in my topic! {thumb2}
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Just wanna say thanks for that advice - I must remember to attach a note apologising for not including IRC'S in my future letters!
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger