What do your friends/siblings think?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Smuck
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What do your friends/siblings think?

Post by Smuck »

My mom thinks it's AWESOME. I love my mom. She takes them to the post office to get them stamped and mailed because I'm usually at school when she goes. I'm like.."Mum can you mail these?" and she always does. :)

My friends don't even really care what I do. If I mention something like.."I'm going to write to Miley Cyrus later.." out of boredom, they go all freakish. It's weird. I hate it.

My grandparents love it. They like who I like and they enjoy seeing what I get through the mail.

I usually send e-mails now (it saves money. Seriously. I haven't sent a letter for..3 months? I'm about to mail to Miley Cyrus though) because it's cheaper and ALOT quicker.

I had to cut down on sending as many things as I did. I got a couple of RTSs a while back and I figured it was a waste of money, since I'm running out of envelopes.
conn1e
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by conn1e »

my dad thinks it's okay, i keep stealing stamps from him.. hehe. my friends said i'm crazy and obsess with celebrities.
this new hobby makes me upset when postman didn't come...
Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven.

Ich bin so stolz auf mich, weil ich viel Deutsch gelernt habe.

My Collection: https://www.facebook.com/constance.connie.7/media_set?set=a.347777398569454.99402.100000115908452&type=3
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

I have gotten called a stalker so many times, because I know all these addresses. I brought my collection to school last year, and the whole class practically screamed "Stalker"
classictvguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by classictvguy »

My whole family supports my hobby. I am always getting new people to look up from them. Usually half the people I get autographs from my family has no idea who they are, so they end up learning a little bit of movie/tv history.
JJK91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JJK91 »

Most people I know think it's just a waste of money but they're happy when I do get something in the post. I have one friend who always wonders why I spend money on stamps and such for a photocopy of somebody's autograph. She swears blind they just sign one and photocopy it hundreds of times for fans.
Selise

Post by Selise »

I've been collecting since 1998, and I've gotten a handful IP, but a lot TTM. My friends don't really know, but I don't think they'd care. My family thinks it's awesome, and my husband writes letters with me. He started asking me to write to people, but since I didn't know who they were I told him to write for himself, and he got addicted too :)
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
Shadowcat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shadowcat »

Actually I started collecting autographs for my sister. I wanted to give them away as a birthday present. Most German actors enjoy sending autographs and they sent one for me as well and mostly personalized and with birthday wishes. And because of the autographs I got (without asking for them) I started my own collection. My friends think it's cool. Though I do sometimes think it's a waste of money but when I receive a nice autograph I forget about the money! I think we all do, don't we? ;-)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take...
... but rather by the moments that take our breath away...
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

Well my mom thinks it's an amazing hobby and she's like "You should write this person for your aunt" "you should write so and so for your uncle". She's funny because she's like "Do you need me to mail that for you??" And she checks the mail everyday for me. She gets really excited when I get a response back too.

My brother thinks I'm crazy, he says I'm obsessed with celebrities and need to do something else with my life.

As for my friends...only one of them knows I collect autographs and she thinks it's really cool. She wouldn't do it, but she likes to look at the ones I've gotten. The rest of them I think would think I'm insane.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
orangelazarus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by orangelazarus »

My mom thinks it's kind of weird. I started when I was in 6th grade, and now I'm 21, and when an autograph comes she says "You got another one of those things in the mail. You're still collecthing those?" I've told a few of my friends. A few think it's cool and want me to help them get started on a collection. A couple other friends think it's weird or discourage me becuase they think all the signatures are fake. I don't tell most people about it because they don't understand. I'm not obsessed with celebrities, I just think it's a really fun hobby!
JonasBrothersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JonasBrothersFan »

my family thinks its cool.. :D ..i showed some of my successes to my bestfriend and she agrees that its fun to collect auto..one time i showed my mom like 6 sases and she said your going to send all that?...so yea...i can be a little obbsessed :mrgreen: