Please help!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Chris2810
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Please help!

Post by Chris2810 »

what is a self-addressed stamped envelope and IRC? This is the first time im trying to write a letter abroad and it sounds so hard.

can someone please tell me step by step what do i need to do and what do i need to get to send a letter to a celebrity outside the uk.

thank you.
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

An IRC pays for postage in a foreign country, so that someone can return something to you. The cost 60p in the UK, and you get them from the post office.

Do everything as normal, except instead of sticking a stamp on your self-addressed envelope (and remember to write 'UK' on the return envelope), enclose 2 IRC's loosely.

So, in the envelope addressed to the celeb you'll have; A letter, a self-addressed envelope, a photo or index card (if you choose to include those things) and 2 IRC's.

Then just take the letter to the post office to be weighed so you get the correct postage, write your return address small on the back, and post.