Victor Brombert W W I I D Day - Battle of the Bulge

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Victor Brombert W W I I D Day - Battle of the Bulge

Post by caappy »

Victor Henri Brombert (born November 11, 1923 Berlin Germany) is an American scholar of nineteenth and twentieth century literature, the Henry Putnam University Professor at Princeton University. As the German army advanced on Paris in 1940, the family fled to the unoccupied zone under the control of the Vichy government and a year later, in 1941, escaped via Spain to the United States.
In May 1943 Brombert was drafted into the US Army. Due to his fluency in French, German, and Russian he was placed in a special unit, composed chiefly of refugees from Nazi-occupied European countries, that was trained in front-line military intelligence at Camp Ritchie, Maryland and became one of the Ritchie Boys.

In 1944 he took part in the Normandy landings with the 2nd Armored Division at Omaha Beach and also saw action with the 28th Infantry Division in the Battle of the Bulge.

Sent him 2 photos on 2 Apr and got them back signed on 25 Apr..

Dr. Victor Brombert [us]
49 Constitution HI W
Princeton, NJ 08540

admin
Site Admin

Re: Victor Brombert W W I I D Day - Battle of the Bulge

Post by admin »

Hi again caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)