John Christman W W I I Ghost Army

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

John Christman W W I I Ghost Army

Post by caappy »

John Christman WWII.. Member of the Ghost Army. More than 80 years after they conducted visual, sonic and radio deception against German forces during World War II, soldiers who served in the so-called “Ghost Army” received the Congressional Gold Medal on Thursday, March 20, 2024.

Three of the seven surviving members of the 23rd Headquarters Special Troops–Bernard Bluestein, 100; John Christman, 99; and Seymour Nussenbaum, 100–as well as family of late members, attended a special ceremony on March 21, 2024, at the Capitol to honor the Ghost Army with the Congressional Gold Medal.

Following the war, the unit's soldiers were sworn to secrecy, records were classified and equipment packed away, and that immediately after the war, Ghost Army soldiers received a letter of thanks from then-Gen. Dwight Eisenhower, with a memorable P.S.: "If you tell anyone, I'll see that you hang."

Sent him 2 photos on 27 Mar and got them back signed on 9 Apr.

Mr John Christman [us]
PO Box 245
Leesburg, NJ 08327
admin
Site Admin

Re: John Christman W W I I Ghost Army

Post by admin »

Hi again LordLionheart :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Nice Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)