I sent a letter to YMU with a few autograph requests and I have had no reply I am just wondering if anyone else has?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
_Clyx_
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

I sent a letter to YMU with a few autograph requests and I have had no reply I am just wondering if anyone else has?

Post by _Clyx_ »

I sent a letter to YMU with a few autograph requests and I have had no reply I am just wondering if anyone else has and how many requests did you put in? Since I sent it months ago and no reply.
Biggest successes:
Daniel Radcliffe, David Attenborough, Judi Dench, Rowan Atkinson and Ant and Dec!

Most Wanted:
Harry Styles, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton and Lewis Capaldi!
MWinick
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: I sent a letter to YMU with a few autograph requests and I have had no reply I am just wondering if anyone else has?

Post by MWinick »

Hi I have written letters and got some responses. I have a website called mattsletters where I write to people and feel free to explore it: http://www.mattsletters.com

Also my advice is use social media like instagram to let a celebrity know that you are sending a letter to ask for a mail address. When sending a letter to a celebrity I always add to my envelope a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) and it will be a better way for them to respond.
SignOfTheTimes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: I sent a letter to YMU with a few autograph requests and I have had no reply I am just wondering if anyone else has?

Post by SignOfTheTimes »

I've sent a few to YMU London and not received a response. Can't remember if I've received anything from them at all so far. (I only keep records of names - I should probably start recording addresses as well).

With large agencies like that, you're better off sending requests individually, as they get managed by different people and choose different pathways for fan mail. Some within the agency may ask for fan mail to be sent on to them, some may wait until they can collect it, some may leave pre-signed cards for immediate dispatch, and others may not wish to sign and have all fan mail destroyed.

Over time, I've learned that different agencies handle fan mail differently. And overall, I've had much greater success sending via venue than I have to any agency.
michaelchester47$%#
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by michaelchester47$%# »

I read your question and I believe that there is a reason or reasons for lack of responses, first, I keep track of my request, name, address, date sent, date received. I was receiving replies at an average if 2 to 3 a month then the pandemic happen. Since then it almost impossible to get replies from the celebrities YOU WANT to reply I believe for the following reasons.
1-the pandemic-since then celebrities hesitate to reply out of fear of being effected don't forget many celebrities' are paranoid
2- since the pandemic many celebrities' have changed address, their management , the agencies, etc. unfortunately before the pandemic Fanbiz was fantastic to get us guys their new address but since the pandemic Fanbiz rarely locate new addresses.
3-nowadays do to changes especially now with the strike they don't want to waste their time.
4- and you also have the celebrities' who think people who request autographs are nuts in other words very little respect for their fans and think of it they wont be celebrities if it wasn't for fans right?

I hope some of the above help you understand that collecting autographs is now and properly will be very difficult just have to keep trying and hope other collectors let you know about change of address Fanbiz wont help.