TB Rays Front-Office Executive/Former MiLB R.J. Harrison Unexpexted Success?

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
I Am Kernholio
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

TB Rays Front-Office Executive/Former MiLB R.J. Harrison Unexpexted Success?

Post by I Am Kernholio »

A little puzzled on this return. I thought I was sending a request to former MLB pitcher Bob Harrison (Robert Lee Harrison, born 09/22/30). He's a player that most people porbably don't know about, including myself until recently. He played 1 game in 1955 & 1 in 1956, both for the Orioles. The rest of his 8 year career was spent in the Minors. I sent 1 card of his (1979 TCMA, pictured below).
I got my card back signed with a letter included, also pictured below. It's a real nice letter, but after reading it I was a little confused. The letter appeared to be written by his son, who talks about his father's career, how he was a major league scout who discovered Ken Griffey & how he passed away at age 95. I don't believe Bob Lee Harrison was ever a scout & is 92 & still alive. Turns out I sent my request to the longtime Seattle Mariners scout Bob Harrison, who signed 27 big leaguers & passed away on June 20, 2016 at age 95. I believe the letter was written by his son, R.J. Harrison who actaully is a former MiLB player & longtime scout & executive for the Tampa Bay Rays. The card I sent was signed, & from whatI can tell it looks like it says R.J. He must have thought he was signing one of his father's cards, not realizing that it was actually a different Bob Harrison card. It was still cool of him to reply though. I think what I'm going to do is buy one his actusl cards and send to him. What puzzles me the most though is that I've found recent success from someone that sent the same card I did to that same address & got it signed by the right Bob Harrison (Robert Lee Harrison). Not sure what to think about this one.

Sent: 04/27/23
Received: 05/08/23

R.J. Harrison, thought I was sending to Robert Lee Harrison (Bob Harrison)
16777 Loch Cir
Noblesville, IN 46060-4482

Uploaded with surfmypictures

Uploaded with surfmypictures
[ K E R N ]