Matt Damon

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Matt Damon

Post by Sai »

Well I don't know if this technically qualifies as an in-person success, but I'll tell you all what happened! this was my first movie premier ever!
I waited 3 hours after an hour and half drive for Matt Damon at his Melbourne Australia premier for ‘The Bourne Ultimatum'. There were only a couple of people who waited longer than me. We were so early in fact they wouldn't let us into the waiting area for another hour. I convinced a friend to come along and she turned up a little over an hour after me. We got front row places :) YAY! Matt was supposed to turn up at 6:30, but he was running late, possibly because all the other celebrities were coming in late themselves. There were a lot of people from TV shows that turned up along with some band members of 'Jet'. Anyway I was standing across from mix 101 reporters. When Matt turned up they rushed him through pretty quickly considering they said he spent hours the day before in Sydney signing and posing in pics. He went along the line signing and such and when he got up to my friend and I he took my friend camera and she got a photo with him, but right after he got pulled over to the mix 101 reporters. I waited patiently hoping to get a photo with him myself when he got back from talking to them (I'd been waiting for weeks to get this, I was so excited). But when he finished with the reporters he moved back to the fans about 2 people up the line from me! And had his back on such an angle I could get his attention. I thought about tapping him on the shoulder as I was close enough but I was worried he would be upset by that or that the security guards would get mad. I called out to him as loud as I could but I mean not going to do much good when he has hundreds of people screaming at him :( And he just kept ,moving on. I tried to move further down the line and maybe just get a picture signed, as I couldn't get close enough for a photo anymore. But I couldn't get close enough. I was devastated! And what made it worse, many people who turned up 2 hours AFTER me I saw got photos with Matt and signed pics, some got a few pics signed for just them! I was soooo gutted!
The only thing that made me feel a little better was that:
a) My friend new someone who worked at the cinema. Now we were not allowed to take the big cardboard posters they had up although some people got them before the security guards could stop them. But her friend took some spares they had and told up to go around the back ally and he gave them to us :D

b) I got some really good shots of Matt! and a little bit of video footage :D

Here are some of the photos I took :)

The red carpet early on

Matt Damon

Rove McManus

"Jet" band member (I'm not sure which one, there were two members there)

Here's a linkt to really short video of Matt at the premier just before he went inside that I took. Sorry about the sound distortion but I was right nect to the speaker :p I don't know how to post it properly so it comes up and can be played on here. Can anyone help?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=15324336
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
afem1010

Re: Matt Damon

Post by afem1010 »

whoa, that was quite an event. Sorry that ya couldn't get an auto :( , but good job nonetheless {thumb2}
loveryan

Post by loveryan »

Congrats!!
Great success!!
You are so lucky ;)
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Sai wrote:When Matt turned up they rushed him through pretty quickly considering they said he spent hours the day before in Sydney signing and posing in pics.
This was not true! Where did you get that information? I was there in Sydney, he was interviewed by the reporter first, and because the noise from our side to too loud, he came to our side and started signing, at most 5-7 minutes, he went back to the reporters. And about 15 minutes later, he came back to our side again, and started signing from the girl next to me (he had missed lots of people on my left side, and start to sign from my right side). I was lucky enough to get an auto and a photo with him, and he continued signing to the end of the queue, but that was at most 12-15 minutes, he went back into the theater. So….I don’t think he had signed hours….at most half an hour (maybe less)
Never Give Up!
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

This was not true! Where did you get that information? I was there in Sydney, he was interviewed by the reporter first, and because the noise from our side to too loud, he came to our side and started signing, at most 5-7 minutes, he went back to the reporters. And about 15 minutes later, he came back to our side again, and started signing from the girl next to me (he had missed lots of people on my left side, and start to sign from my right side). I was lucky enough to get an auto and a photo with him, and he continued signing to the end of the queue, but that was at most 12-15 minutes, he went back into the theater. So….I don’t think he had signed hours….at most half an hour (maybe less)
Really!? Geeze false advertising and news. If you google news for the Sydney premier they said he was there for ages and left fans happy! And We got told by our host that he signed for hours at your premier. What a load of horse hooy! Well congrads on getting a pic and autograph you must be pleased :)
My Autograph Web Site:

superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Well, i think the reporters were exaggerating the facts, they always do... Yes i was really pleased, that worth the travelling, i missed 4 hrs lectures and 2 hrs tutorial for this.

The girl on my left took photo with him, but ended up only had her face in the photo (she forgot to adjust the focus of the camera), it was funny. The girl on my right, had two photos with Matt (first one only had half of Matt's head, the second one is blurry due to the lights). Both of them forget about the autos... My photo is blurry as well, i was a bit disappointed, but i found that 5 minutes later that there was another clear photo in my camera, Matt actually hold my camera and press it twice. I was extremely happy with photo.
Never Give Up!
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

Well, i think the reporters were exaggerating the facts, they always do... Yes i was really pleased, that worth the travelling, i missed 4 hrs lectures and 2 hrs tutorial for this.

The girl on my left took photo with him, but ended up only had her face in the photo (she forgot to adjust the focus of the camera), it was funny. The girl on my right, had two photos with Matt (first one only had half of Matt's head, the second one is blurry due to the lights). Both of them forget about the autos... My photo is blurry as well, i was a bit disappointed, but i found that 5 minutes later that there was another clear photo in my camera, Matt actually hold my camera and press it twice. I was extremely happy with photo.
Wow lucky he took 2 :) Your so lucky! and gosh the other 2 girls must be disappointed their photos didn't work out to well.
I am so mad at those reporters( and ca't belive it), I was so close. he nearly grabed my camera than pish he was gone to the other side. I always have such bad luck. But I still try and be on the bright side. I got so close to him i could touch him and I got some nice pics and all :)
My Autograph Web Site:

superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Hope next time when some big celeb visit australia, you will get good luck....Australia is so boring, why those big stars do not come?
Never Give Up!
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi Sai :D

It was so busy yesterday I didn't get a chance to see you. You were so close to where I was!! According to your pictures, I'm a couple of people up from where you were. Looking at your picture of Rove, I'm probably somewhere about where he is in the photo, as I think the pad of paper and pen he's holding is from the guy who was standing behind me (it looks like it could quite possibly be).
Sai wrote:And what made it worse, many people who turned up 2 hours AFTER me I saw got photos with Matt and signed pics, some got a few pics signed for just them! I was soooo gutted!
I'm soooo sorry Sai you didn't get a photo/autograph with him (I know you were so excited to meet him). Unfortunately, I can say that I was one of those people who turned up 2 hours than you and managed to get a photo/autograph with Matt :?
Sai wrote:a) My friend new someone who worked at the cinema. Now we were not allowed to take the big cardboard posters they had up although some people got them before the security guards could stop them. But her friend took some spares they had and told up to go around the back ally and he gave them to us :D
Nice work! I hung around for a bit after Matt had gone inside and almost everyone had left. The security guard who was standing on the red carpet asked if I'd like one, but didn't know whether he was supposed to give them out! Nonetheless, he started ripping one or two off the barrier and gave one to me :lol:. So, like you I've now got a lovely Bourne Ultimatum poster in my room!
Sai wrote:b) I got some really good shots of Matt! and a little bit of video footage :D
Great photos Sai {up}. Your pictures of Matt signing were beautiful! I haven't seen the video yet but will do so shortly.

superletterfan - I hope you had a lovely time in Sydney and a great time meeting Matt!!

nowandagain [rockon]
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

-Superletterfan- Hope next time when some big celeb visit australia, you will get good luck....Australia is so boring, why those big stars do not come?
Thanks very much :D I guess though we have the unfortunate truth of living in a country away from every other country! lol We too far away!!!!! :lol:
It was so busy yesterday I didn't get a chance to see you. You were so close to where I was!! According to your pictures, I'm a couple of people up from where you were. Looking at your picture of Rove, I'm probably somewhere about where he is in the photo, as I think the pad of paper and pen he's holding is from the guy who was standing behind me (it looks like it could quite possibly be).

You know I probably did see you but was in such a daze from it all didn't recolect it was you. Well when you get your pics up maybe I'll be in one and can point myself out, lol!

Code: Select all

Unfortunately, I can say that I was one of those people who turned up 2 hours than you and managed to get a photo/autograph with Matt
But a) I know you couldn't help it cause you were working
b) your a real Matt Damon fan so i won't hold it against you :lol:
The security guard who was standing on the red carpet asked if I'd like one, but didn't know whether he was supposed to give them out! Nonetheless, he started ripping one or two off the barrier and gave one to me . So, like you I've now got a lovely Bourne Ultimatum poster in my room!
There were a few nice security guards there. When i got there early one of them told me if I came back in half an hour he'd make sure I got a good place in the area :)
Great photos Sai . Your pictures of Matt signing were beautiful! I haven't seen the video yet but will do so shortly.
thanks very much :D I must say I am pleased with them :D
My Autograph Web Site: