Ian McKellen Success!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
thewraithofdawn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Ian McKellen Success!

Post by thewraithofdawn »

Sent a colored card and photo to Sir McKellen ("The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring/The Two Towers/The Return of the King", "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey/The Desolation of Smaug/The Battle of the Five Armies", "Doogal", "Beauty and the Beast", "Mr Holmes", "Infinitum: Subject Unknown"), and yesterday I got a reply! He signed and dedicated my photo, as well as sending me a cool photo of his own that he signed, instead of the colored card! That's so cool! It's for cousins. I used this address:
Ian McKellen
Independent Talent Group Ltd.
40 Whitfield Street
London, W1T 2RH
UK
Last edited by thewraithofdawn on Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
A quick note: If I get a letter in response as well, I don't post that I did! I don't know if the senders would appreciate it, so I don't post letter successes. Preprinted letters or Secretarial letters don't count though. I do post those.
TPA
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Ian McKellen Success!

Post by TPA »

Wow!! Congratulations!!!
Greatest TTM successes: Tracey Emin, Jodie Comer, Tina Turner, Emma Thompson, Ian McKellen, David Attenborough. [ugotmail]
thewraithofdawn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by thewraithofdawn »

TPA wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:26 pm Wow!! Congratulations!!!
Thanks!
A quick note: If I get a letter in response as well, I don't post that I did! I don't know if the senders would appreciate it, so I don't post letter successes. Preprinted letters or Secretarial letters don't count though. I do post those.
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

Proof?
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
autografsamlare
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autografsamlare »

northwellguy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:15 pm Proof?
just out of curiosity, why are you so aggressive and rude towards members on here? I see nothing but negativity and a toxic attitude whenever you make a response or a statement. You earn nothing from it, but I suppose you allready know that. If you want to educte others, be nice and respectful - just a hint.

I guess your mother did not love you enough when you grew up, sad :roll:
Garakplainsimple

Post by Garakplainsimple »

Nice man. I gotta send him a card.
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

autografsamlare wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:37 pm
just out of curiosity, why are you so aggressive and rude towards members on here? I see nothing but negativity and a toxic attitude whenever you make a response or a statement. You earn nothing from it, but I suppose you allready know that. If you want to educte others, be nice and respectful - just a hint.

Not at all.
I come on here all the time and congratulate people on their amazing returns.
And I have posted many successes and RTS's to aid others in their hobby. You're welcome by the way. I don't see you posting anything at all that helps the rest of us in anyway, shape, or form.
Asking for simple proof or calling out stupidity is not aggressive or rude - it's a simple fact and why we are all here. I am not here to make you feel better - I am here to get successes in a hobby that I find interesting.

Perhaps you should act like an adult who understands what the real world is and that you need to prove successes on this site so the rest of us don't waste our time.

As for your veiled insults? Who's the child, then? Grow up.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
autografsamlare
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autografsamlare »

northwellguy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm
autografsamlare wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Not at all.
I come on here all the time and congratulate people on their amazing returns.
And I have posted many successes and RTS's to aid others in their hobby. You're welcome by the way. I don't see you posting anything at all that helps the rest of us in anyway, shape, or form.
Asking for simple proof or calling out stupidity is not aggressive or rude - it's a simple fact and why we are all here. I am not here to make you feel better - I am here to get successes in a hobby that I find interesting.

Perhaps you should act like an adult who understands what the real world is and that you need to prove successes on this site so the rest of us don't waste our time.

As for your veiled insults? Who's the child, then? Grow up.

You are acting like a playground bully and a git without any real provocation at all - you should do something relaxing instead of aggrovating yourself, I suggest gardening.

There are plenty of other autograph forums better than this one that works well without your visdom and passive aggressive attitude, and I think that they will be better of without you :mrgreen:
tardis2006johnb

Post by tardis2006johnb »

northwellguy,
I actually commend to what you're doing. All your doing is being honest to people. Autographers nowadays all seem to just be so naive and just can't take in the bad as well as the good. 10 years ago this hobby was much more easier and laid back. People just have to realize that this hobby isn't the same. Keep up the wise words northwellguy!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi thewraithofdawn :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Ian McKellen on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)