Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

thetraitor7
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Personalized or Not?

Post by thetraitor7 »

I think that when someone personalizes, it's meant to keep it from being sold. It may not be the case for everyone, but I have had some celebs tell me in-person that they personalize it becuase they don't want it to appear on eBay. Sometimes they do have a pile of photos that they have thier "assistant" personalize, which I am almost certain is the case with Maria Sharapova. That's pretty sad for those of us who would never sell them... It's almost an insult when I get a personalization, but that's just me.

Then you have people like Pat Neshek http://www.patneshek.com who encourage you to sell thier autograph! This guy is funny.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I don't mind

The celebrity does what they want, I can't force them to so I don't really care
Last edited by Thumper on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metallic x VOGUE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Metallic x VOGUE »

I love it when celebrities write messages on your photos that shows they read your letter.
ellefanning103
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ellefanning103 »

I like the photos personalized. It makes me feel special to have an autograph from a celebrity personalized to me :) But, if I don't get one personalized, I'm still happy!

Latest Success: Dakota & Elle Fanning
Latest Request: Jennie Garth
Personalized Autographs: 56
Letters: 11
Pre-Prints: 6
Un-personalized: 14
Samina
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Samina »

I always prefer my pictures personalized 'cos then it has more value for me. It's also easier to prove people that I really got reply from that celebrity when it has my name on it.
Success: Victoria Beckham twice, Lauren Bacall twice, Emma Bunton, Julie Newmar, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Melanie C, Doris Day, Debbie Reynolds, Catherine Deneuve and Andrea Bocelli. And finally after long time, Geri Halliwell (I got one signature from 19 Management and she signed 4 of my concert pictures) <3

Pending:Samantha Fox, Earth Wind & Fire, Neil Sedaka, Olivia de Havilland, Jordan Knight, Gina Lollobrigida.
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

I've always prefered personalized :) The first one I got back the celeb also wrotethat the drawing of them i had sent as a gift was "awsome". Also I have never had an authentic Auto that hasn't been personalized YET, so its a standard thing for me. And I like to think like many others that personalized means the celeb has either read your letter or just taken the time out of their busy shedual to do something just for you. They haven't just signed a stack of photos of themself that in some sense I guess would feel meaningless, but they have signed it as if there is a real person recieveing it :)
And I always get an extra kick out of it when they write something extra like 'best wishes' rather than just name-auto :D
And if it's not personalized i might have well just bought it from anywhere, no one would know ther difference! :lol:
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
chanin-anezina
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chanin-anezina »

Personalized I think is better but if you get a autograph then you should be grateful how ever it comes but alteast when its personalized you no they have put you’re name on it and it’s a proper real autograph.
viewforum.php?f=71
Lily Allen Sub-Forum

mailto:chanin_anezina@fanmail.biz
Favourite success: Dani Harmer, Doris day Michael Owen and Ant & Dec, Fearne cotton
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

I actually ask the celebrity to personalise photo's for me as it makes them realise I really am a fan and don't want to sel the autograph. :)

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
scouser#1

Post by scouser#1 »

defo personalised unless the personalisation is secretarial
blue102983
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by blue102983 »

personalized because if i take the time to write a letter i would hope the person i send it to would take the time to read it.
recent
1.drew carey 2.jennifer garner 3.the rock 4.vanna white 5.lee lee sobieski