Help with sending from United States to United Kingdom (UK)

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
xxanasazixx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Help with sending from United States to United Kingdom (UK)

Post by xxanasazixx »

Hi,

Recently, I read a lot of forum posts from here that gave insight as to how I could send fanmail from here in the U.S. to the U.K.

Upon following the many amount of instructions and tidbits...I sent my package out, only to get a RTS from the USPS...so i figured I'd ask this forum again directly (and feel free to PM me if it's easier)...

I want to know a step by step of what I need to postmark/write on my envelopes with in order for it to arrive at the UK Destination, and to make it back to me.

What I'm Sending
I'm putting this in a 9x12 thin brown envelope that weighs roughly 0.7 oz
  • 2 8x10 photos
  • 1 LOR
  • 1 SAE
  • $5-10 for them to ship it back.
What needs to go on the envelope that I'm sending everything in (to the UK)????

What needs to go on the return envelope, other than my address? If I'm giving them money for postage, is it just my address that's needed?

Any and all help is welcomed, as I asked the post office for "Air Mail" stickers and they looked at me like i was crazy (as some forum topics said to put a sticker on the envelope etc...)

Thanks all!
jewels1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Help with sending from United States to United Kingdom (UK)

Post by jewels1 »

If you are sending US dollars, your letter will NOT return.
There is no way in the United Kingdom to use US dollars, there they use this note? NO so it would have to be pounds sterling, IRCS or UK stamps, otherwise that's all right !!
I give private addresses/ home address and private emails with something in return {up}