Al Kaline charges money for fake autographs

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
strutter06
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Al Kaline charges money for fake autographs

Post by strutter06 »

I have heard that Al Kaline is a good person to write to when seeking TTMs. I figured I would write to him and ask him to sign my jersey. I sent the jersey, along with a SASE, and received it back about a week later. I opened the package and the jersey was unsigned with a letter saying that he would sign for $40. So I sent the jersey back to him with $40 and received it about a week later with an autographed and inscription. But for some reason, I was not confident that it was real. I sent it to PSA/DNA and they confirmed that it is a fake signature. I find it very unethical that Mr. Kaline would charge money for fake autographs. What do you do in this situation? Do any of you know about him doing things like this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Al Kaline charges money for fake autographs

Post by admin »

Hi strutter06 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Did you use this address please?:

Al Kaline
3613 York Ct
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301-2058
USA

Fanmail 8)
jayhay69
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jayhay69 »

They wanted $100 from me so I said thanks but no thanks
Kclj520
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kclj520 »

PSA DNA is not infallible! I never heard of Al using a ghost signer or secretary. Check this article out...

https://live.autographmagazine.com/foru ... heir-doing

Can you post a photo?
mjn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mjn »

SEND IT TO JSA OR BECKETT
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

Might be someone in Kaline's life who is taking advantage of his celebrity.
Not unheard of for unethical family members to try to cash in on another family members celebrity
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
Kclj520
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kclj520 »

northwellguy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:50 am Might be someone in Kaline's life who is taking advantage of his celebrity.
Not unheard of for unethical family members to try to cash in on another family members celebrity
Possible, definitely. I'm sad if that is the case. I'm hopeful that psa dna got it wrong, I'm no expert on his signature, but he is very well known as a very reliable signer. I hope for his sake and everyone else's that there is an explanation. You would be within your rights to write again and send a photo and ask if that is indeed his signature. That may set your mind at ease, get you a definitive answer, and may let Mr. Kaline know that something is going on, if indeed there is a problem!

God bless,

Kevin
jjjj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jjjj »

jayhay69 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 pm They wanted $100 from me so I said thanks but no thanks
He signed for free a couple years ago.
The signature didn't look authentic to me, who knows.
But people's signatures do change over the years somewhat. Maybe because he is older now?
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

The only way you can be sure a signature is real is to witness it yourself. Authentication companies are not in fallible. Know and trust the signature, not a piece of paper.

That said, I have never heard of someone charging a fee and getting a fake signature in return. If you feel it is fake, the best course of action is not to write back to them (because obviously they'll tell you it's real) but to file a fraud report with the police department and/or county department of consumer affairs where he lives.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
mjsavage2001
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mjsavage2001 »

The Kaline autograph is real. PSA/DNA routinely fails HOFers that aren't witnessed autographs because they are the most commonly faked. And you really should get your facts straight before you make wild, unfounded accusations, including online. It's how false information gets spread.